UFC tonight...who do ya like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC tonight...who do ya like?

I am debating whether or not to order this ppv tonight, the card looks awesome.

For the main fights I like GSP over Fitch. I think Fitch is solid, but I have never seen him tested against anyone of real note. I don't know how he would do against Thiago Alves, Serra, Hughes etc, so I am a little puzzled by his ranking. He is undefeated, but he wins a lot of decisions that are not all that spectacular. There is a very good chance he could surprise me though, he says he is coming off of the best training camp of his life and is on another level. GSP is unreal when he is 100% there though. I just hope it isn't a case of GSP fighting not to lose and Fitch fighting to win a decision.

Florian vs Huerta should be awesome. It is a similar situation in that the undefeated guy has had some good fights but no real big fights. Florian fits the bill there. Huerta had been complaining about working for Dana White and this is the last fight on his UFC contract. Dana White, being the prick he is has some out swinging against Huerta and disrespected him and his record. Either Dana is brilliant and is setting himself up as a dramatic villain to root against realizing these types of stories generate a lot of hype, or he is really starting to let his god complex cloud his better judgment. Either way, Huerta has a lot more to prove now than he did before. I give it to Huerta.

What do you guys think?

Eli
    Last edited by woodenstickers; 02-02-2009, 05:19 PM.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: UFC tonight...who do ya like?

I have to say, this type of programming is immature, foolish and bad for the moral grounding of our country.

What channel's it on?
    Last edited by DuckButter; 08-09-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      I have to say, this type of prgramming is immature, foolish and bad for the moral grounding of our country.

What channel's it on?
      I agree. As the resident Anti American Hippy I am required point out that violence of any kind is wrong and barbaric. If my drum circle wasn't canceled and I wasn't already caught up on my protest sign making there is no way I'd watch it.

Eli

Comment

I like the guy with the roll of quarters hidden in his shorts.
        sigpic

Comment

Saw the fight last night. Huerta came out very aggresive compared to florian and would throw 5 punches to florian 2. But florian's 2 punches would connect and do damage, great fight and the desicion was given to florian.

-chiek kongo fought some guy who shouldn't have been in the ring. It was just a beatdown. Kongo is a great fighter and once he learns his ground game will be ruthless.

-gsp vs fitch. Gsp schooled him all the way and I honestly can't belive the fight was allowed to continue as gsp threw some huge shots that floored fitch. Fitch has true grit and fought his heart out but gsp is too fast, too strong, too skilled.

-lesnar vs herring-HOLY $HIT-lesnar is scary big. His first punch he threw came all the way back and connected with herring's head. Herring fell down and flipped over from the hit and lesnar was on him. Ground and pound the entire way. Lesnar is a fast and strong 280lb'er who real become the champ one day. I wonder if Couture would come out of retirement to fight him. The fight went to desicion but lesnar never gassed out. His only weakness is he's kinda boring to watch once you get past his size factor. He has has great strikes and takedowns but doesn't have any real finishing moves on the ground. I can see him getting knocked out going for a takedown with a knee but that's the only way to beat this guy. Herring is very tough but he couldn't do a thing against him. Sad to say but Brock Lesnar is big and strong enough where he might kill someone(no bs). He's just to strong and could potentially really kill someone. I hope that never happens but it's just an observation.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

watch plumber rick get his revenge on gear junkie.

there will be another battle of the arms.

watch for ridgid roundup ll

be there or be square

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I like the guy with the roll of quarters hidden in his shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Saw the fight last night. Huerta came out very aggresive compared to florian and would throw 5 punches to florian 2. But florian's 2 punches would connect and do damage, great fight and the desicion was given to florian.

-chiek kongo fought some guy who shouldn't have been in the ring. It was just a beatdown. Kongo is a great fighter and once he learns his ground game will be ruthless.

-gsp vs fitch. Gsp schooled him all the way and I honestly can't belive the fight was allowed to continue as gsp threw some huge shots that floored fitch. Fitch has true grit and fought his heart out but gsp is too fast, too strong, too skilled.

-lesnar vs herring-HOLY $HIT-lesnar is scary big. His first punch he threw came all the way back and connected with herring's head. Herring fell down and flipped over from the hit and lesnar was on him. Ground and pound the entire way. Lesnar is a fast and strong 280lb'er who real become the champ one day. I wonder if Couture would come out of retirement to fight him. The fight went to desicion but lesnar never gassed out. His only weakness is he's kinda boring to watch once you get past his size factor. He has has great strikes and takedowns but doesn't have any real finishing moves on the ground. I can see him getting knocked out going for a takedown with a knee but that's the only way to beat this guy. Herring is very tough but he couldn't do a thing against him. Sad to say but Brock Lesnar is big and strong enough where he might kill someone(no bs). He's just to strong and could potentially really kill someone. I hope that never happens but it's just an observation.
                My cable company screwed me again!

I saw Lesnar's first fight in the ufc against Mir and thought he was going to be a force. I think the next fight for him will be Kongo, even though Herring beat Kongo already.

I don't think Couture will ever be back in the UFC, even if he does fight again, but if Lesnar has the potential to be as dominant as you say I would like to see him go against Fedor. I can't think of anyone who could beat Fedor right now.

So what do you think Florian's chances against B.J. Penn are?

Eli

Comment

It all depends on bj's cardio. After the gsp fight, bj did jump in the octogon and say he would move up and fight gsp. Now that would be a great fight. They showed some statistics on gsp that were amazing. He's fought in ufc for a total of 130 minutes, out of that, he's been on his back for less then 5 minutes.

When brock hit heath with the haymaker and grabbed him, you could see brock slow down and think about what he was doing so he didn't get trapped like he did with mir. I can see brock against kongo. Kongo has real one punch knockout power so if he could sidestep brock's charge and land a knee or kick, he could possibly win.

Fedor is unreal and it's sad he's not in the ufc because he won't be tested where he's currently at. Fedor and randy are both getting older and there will be time when their opportunity will pass and their match will be a what if.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Fedor is only 32 and randy is 45.The time has passed; unless randy wants to get hurt and embaressed........

Comment

Working...
                    X