Timeline for Withdrawal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline for Withdrawal?

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The United States must provide a "very clear timeline" to withdraw its troops from Iraq as part of an agreement allowing them to stay beyond this year, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiyar Zebari said on Sunday.

I thought we were not going to give a timeline because that would give the enemy a heads upto lay back and wait? Doesn't this fly in the face of everything the Bush administration was trying to prevent? I don't get it.

Re: Timeline for Withdrawal?

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The United States must provide a "very clear timeline" to withdraw its troops from Iraq as part of an agreement allowing them to stay beyond this year, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiyar Zebari said on Sunday.

I thought we were not going to give a timeline because that would give the enemy a heads upto lay back and wait? Doesn't this fly in the face of everything the Bush administration was trying to prevent? I don't get it.

I don't get how the Baghdad government is going to have an 80 billion dollar surplus this year and none of it's going towards paying back the US.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.......
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

According to all of the news sources the agreement has small print which says something about "depending on conditions". This way they can make Alsadr happy and still stick to the plan.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
        I don't get how the Baghdad government is going to have an 80 billion dollar surplus this year and none of it's going towards paying back the US.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.......
        Yes but the good news is Iraq is now paying 80% of the rebuilding costs.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I don't think Iraq would even intimate such a plan if they weren't sure they were ready, and I'm also sure we're in on the decision behind closed doors.

Leaving them prematurely would be like stopping treatment to a badly infected wound, it would get worse without aid.

I'm certain all contingiencies have been weighed by people far better at evaluating the circumstances than any of us are.

Comment

Working...
          X