• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Politics in the your house

who voted for Bush and was happy for the things he has done
    put us way into debt
    made problems in the world so oil prices went sky high
    made it hard for middle income people to get ahead with $
    there were a lot of things that went wrong in 8yrs and tell me you were not affected by any of them ,we all were
    so how do know what they say they will do if they win they will keep there word

The Clinton administration started the whole debt process

Oil prices went sky high because of demand from foreign countries, Bush and the administration had nothing to do with oil prices, though democrat refusal to exploit U.S. oil reserves will certainly impact the problem.

Once again Democrat policies that make it impossible for small business to compete have done most of the damage to the middle class.

If the Clinton years are a milestone than the past 8 years have been very good indeed. For all the bellyaching our economy is still the envy of the rest of the world. What don't you have in your home that you just can't do without? Most families have computers, I-pods, cell phones, plasma screen tv's, 2 cars, plenty of food and the credit card debt to match

And as an American, I reserve the right to call any politician a schmuck that I want, and most of them are
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
      i dont post in this type of threads because it all comes down to who you like ,we all see some thing different in people . how many times did you vote for some one that you talked so highly about and they got in and did a crap job ,then you stopped talking about them .
      the president is not the only one that can change things and you voted in the others .

who voted for Bush and was happy for the things he has done
      put us way into debt
      made problems in the world so oil prices went sky high
      made it hard for middle income people to get ahead with $
      there were a lot of things that went wrong in 8yrs and tell me you were not affected by any of them ,we all were
      so how do know what they say they will do if they win they will keep there word

YOU DONT

so why all the talk and knocking the one you dont like
      just vote for who you want and hope you made the right choice
      No one has to talk politics here, some of us actually like it. If someone doesn't and thinks its like the special olympics or whatever then they shouldn't read political threads, it's very simple. If you don't like whats on t.v. or the radio dont you just change the channel?

Now let me play devils advocate here for a minute. During Bush's time in office there were also some good things that happened here as well. Unemployment was at a record low for the vast majority of the 8 years. Home ownership was at it's highest level, even though we lost many to foreclosure but I bet it still is in the plus side. Intrest rates at an all time low, Yup I'm locked in at 5% for 30 years. Construction companies were busier then ever before, the economy was stimulated after 9/11, the stock market is still near record highs. You cna't blame Bush for the price of oil. If you are looking to point the finger at someone blame Bill Clinton, he vetoed drilling 10 years ago which would be paying dividends today.

Comment

We're a split household too. Although we do trade opinions and facts in attempts to sway each other. It makes for some interesting dinner table discussions.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Ahh, bush apologists.

I love how all of the bad things that happened during the last 8 years are due to Bush's predecessor, but anything good that happened, even as it collapses into ashes are his brilliance.

The debt thing started during the Clinton years? Started way before that. The last 8 years have just seen debt, government growth and government spending expand faster than ever in history. "But he gave us tax cuts!!" That's like falling for the car dealer that not only will give you a loan even with bad credit, but will cut you a check for $500 the day you sign the deal to spend "any way you want".

We'll pay the real price for this completely non-conservative republican cabinet for generations. The fact that we all have electronics and no savings is a reflection of the attitudes that got us here, not a fiscally conservative boon. Most people in this country are in debt, many are upside-down in their newly found home ownership but we don't stop spending. That is the new American culture. Oil prices go up? Dig more holes!! We can't slow our consuming down!!

Clinton banned offshore drilling. Bush has been in office almost every year since then. Nothing was done to offset what everybody NOW says was an obvious lib misstep. Nothing. No preparation, no conservation, no regulation--in fact we binged on oil even more with bigger engines, more giant SUVs. So even if it suits your purpose to blame the oil situation on Clinton, Bush did about as much about this problem as he did with the other one Clinton left for him--Bin Laden intent to attack the US. Nothing.

Eli
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

What is collapsing? I hear this crap from the media and Democrats all the time but no one can be specific at all. The economy is not in the toilet and I doubt like hell you could ge one single qualified economist to say that it is. Unemployment is still at 95%, That means that 95% of those that want a job have a job. Why is it when the media reports the unemployment rate they emphasise the 5% as though it's a horrible trend. It's 5% and most of those have no intention of getting a job anyway. The rest of the world hates us. Really? funny how everytime some piss assed war breaks out or disaster strikes who do they all come crawling to for help. Interest rates are still very low indeed, much lower than the clinton years. Housing starts are down and forclosures are up but that whole market was due for correction anyway.

What sets the Democrats apart is the constant whining and "The sky if falling" Woe is me attitude. Always what is wrong, what can not be done, How awfull this country is. How much better the Europeans are than us. Never a solution. Never a spark of optimism, even from the shill Obama who on the face of it seems to be in favor of "change" for the better, but if you really listen to the retoric all you hear is the same old bush bashing and again no real solutions just empty promises. I'll vote for McCain. Not because I really like him, in fact there's a lot I don't like, but he has a lot more years of experiance in world and domestic politics.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              What is collapsing? I hear this crap from the media and Democrats all the time but no one can be specific at all. The economy is not in the toilet and I doubt like hell you could ge one single qualified economist to say that it is. Unemployment is still at 95%, That means that 95% of those that want a job have a job. Why is it when the media reports the unemployment rate they emphasise the 5% as though it's a horrible trend. It's 5% and most of those have no intention of getting a job anyway. The rest of the world hates us. Really? funny how everytime some piss assed war breaks out or disaster strikes who do they all come crawling to for help. Interest rates are still very low indeed, much lower than the clinton years. Housing starts are down and forclosures are up but that whole market was due for correction anyway.

What sets the Democrats apart is the constant whining and "The sky if falling" Woe is me attitude. Always what is wrong, what can not be done, How awfull this country is. How much better the Europeans are than us. Never a solution. Never a spark of optimism, even from the shill Obama who on the face of it seems to be in favor of "change" for the better, but if you really listen to the retoric all you hear is the same old bush bashing and again no real solutions just empty promises. I'll vote for McCain. Not because I really like him, in fact there's a lot I don't like, but he has a lot more years of experiance in world and domestic politics.
              I don't want to take sides here because I can't stand either, but those jobs you're talking about are not the same ones that were available ten or fifteen years ago thanks to both the democrats and republicans. Not to get too far off the subject but a guy making $15 or $18 at a factory job can do a hell of a lot more for himself and his family than by working at a McDonalds. God Bless you if you think the economy is not deep in the toilet about to be flushed because working for a fixed salary or pension as is my case makes for a bad time when the price of your gasoline, heating fuel, food and just about everything else has increased almost fifty percent in the last couple of years. I'm not putting the blame on President Bush but those are the facts if you've been paying attention at the pump and at the grocery store. I have faith in the USA but it will take more than faith to make this a story with a happy ending. We need honest politicians who are working for our best interest not the lobbyists who line their pockets. We need to get our priorities straight and turn the clock back a few years on things like Americans working decent paying jobs with benefits! We need real border security and immigration laws upheld. Lastly we need drilling, nuclear power plants, solar, wind and other alternative energies immediately. I see a garden full of weeds that need pulling, instead of blaming eachother let's pull them weeds and plant something good.

Comment

see what i mean you say one bad thing about some one that the others like and you cant win
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

You know what? I agree with you. We need solutions not hand wringing. We need hope. We need to remember the things that make this country great and get back to them. We need to take charge and get er done and damn it we can. We always have. We are Americans.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

What is collapsing? The US dollar for one. You can dismiss the foreclosure rate as a market correction if you want, but don't give the Bush economy the credit for the bubble then. Libs don't have the market cornered on whining either. "But Clinton, but environmentalist, but the libs"...ever listen to right wing radio? I do. Not a real positive group there.

I don't care that Bush talks funny, I don't care that he has a cavalier attitude about the problems facing the people of the country and the mistakes he and his administration has made, but the debt we have gone into while he lowered taxes and increased spending--the war not even included--will be a problem for a long, long time. He has done everything conservatives have claimed to dislike about liberal politicians except make us pay for it while he is still in office. We will though. That is not a woe is me attitude, that is a cold hard fact. We owe more money now than we have ever owed.If you want to claim that the country is really doing better now than when Bush came into office you'll need more than cooked employment numbers and ad hominem attacks about the people who don't like him to prove it.

Vote for McCain. I like McCain for the most part. I liked him a hell of a lot better when Bush was running and I for one think he will be a HUGE improvement over Bush. But he is still a politician and engages in the same crap as Obama. That is what I feel the need to point out in these Obama bashing threads.

I can admit that my initial respect for Obama has tanked, and I never liked Hillary, even though I hate Bush. But you can't seem to bring yourself to admit to how Bush failed us, and even more failed you--his supporters. Too bad. I for one think that shows more strength than weakness.

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                      What is collapsing? The US dollar for one. You can dismiss the foreclosure rate as a market correction if you want, but don't give the Bush economy the credit for the bubble then. Libs don't have the market cornered on whining either. "But Clinton, but environmentalist, but the libs"...ever listen to right wing radio? I do. Not a real positive group there.

I don't care that Bush talks funny, I don't care that he has a cavalier attitude about the problems facing the people of the country and the mistakes he and his administration has made, but the debt we have gone into while he lowered taxes and increased spending--the war not even included--will be a problem for a long, long time. He has done everything conservatives have claimed to dislike about liberal politicians except make us pay for it while he is still in office. We will though. That is not a woe is me attitude, that is a cold hard fact. We owe more money now than we have ever owed.If you want to claim that the country is really doing better now than when Bush came into office you'll need more than cooked employment numbers and ad hominem attacks about the people who don't like him to prove it.

Vote for McCain. I like McCain for the most part. I liked him a hell of a lot better when Bush was running and I for one think he will be a HUGE improvement over Bush. But he is still a politician and engages in the same crap as Obama. That is what I feel the need to point out in these Obama bashing threads.

I can admit that my initial respect for Obama has tanked, and I never liked Hillary, even though I hate Bush. But you can't seem to bring yourself to admit to how Bush failed us, and even more failed you--his supporters. Too bad. I for one think that shows more strength than weakness.

Eli
                      If you go back and read my post, I was playing devils advocate, and my point was that most people only blame the bad things on Bush. go back to all my posts and see all my remarks about Bush start off with the "disclaimer" I am not a huge G.W. Bush supporter. I agree that he strayed from conservative principles. On the other hand don't blame him for all that is wrong with this country either. What happened to the Democratic congress that was going to get things done in a bi-partisan way? Its funny how everyone use to talk about Bush's approval rating, but now depending on which poll you look at the Congressional approval ratings vary from 9-18%, much much lower then Bush ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                        If you go back and read my post, I was playing devils advocate, and my point was that most people only blame the bad things on Bush. go back to all my posts and see all my remarks about Bush start off with the "disclaimer" I am not a huge G.W. Bush supporter. I agree that he strayed from conservative principles. On the other hand don't blame him for all that is wrong with this country either. What happened to the Democratic congress that was going to get things done in a bi-partisan way? Its funny how everyone use to talk about Bush's approval rating, but now depending on which poll you look at the Congressional approval ratings vary from 9-18%, much much lower then Bush ever was.
                        I wasn't responding directly to you, but I'll bite. You have brought up Clinton many times in discussions, but you don't seem to want to look anywhere but forward when Bush comes up. In fact, the worst thing you have said about him is you are not a huge supporter, but i doubt that has always been the case. Maybe I'm wrong there.

Congressional approval ratings are right where they should be. They were in the tank before the Dems took over and the dems have broken every promise they had made. Pelosi disgusts me. She got moved to speaker and then took time off to get that Joker face lift. She says the stupidest things and I don't care what party she claims--she is a destructive force. We are getting back to where I always bring it--THEY ARE ALL ****! But if we apologize for them, play party politics, spread the talking point propaganda or stand by our party as they sell us out we deserve it. Bush is a disaster. Does he get all the blame? HELL no. Does he get a big sloppy portion of it? Yes. Yes he does.

But you know, if you had financial ties to his cabinet or even just shared some by proxy he did a great job for you. Just not for our kids futures.

They had all three branches, man! What they could have done with it. Social Security? Nothing. Immigration? Nothing. Spending reform, fiscal responsibility, energy reform, NAFTA. What did they do????

I won't apologize for Congress. They are the worst.

Eli

Comment

I wasn't responding directly to you, but I'll bite. You have brought up Clinton many times in discussions, but you don't seem to want to look anywhere but forward when Bush comes up. In fact, the worst thing you have said about him is you are not a huge supporter, but i doubt that has always been the case. Maybe I'm wrong there.

No, you are correct. I was a bigger Bush fan then I am now during his first term. Why is it necessary for me to bring up all his negatives when thats all we see on television. All I'm saying is Bush is America's whipping boy, you know it and I know it. You just can't blame Americas problem on one person. We do have that system of checks and balances.

More then being a Conservative, I am a patriot. When Clinton or any other Dem. has done good for the country I applaud it, but when they do wrong I will do the opposite. I have spoke out against Bush with his liberal spending, his kissing the royal saudi family's ***, not calling congress into session during the current recess and many others.

Congressional approval ratings are right where they should be. They were in the tank before the Dems took over and the dems have broken every promise they had made. Pelosi disgusts me. She got moved to speaker and then took time off to get that Joker face lift. She says the stupidest things and I don't care what party she claims--she is a destructive force. We are getting back to where I always bring it--THEY ARE ALL ****! But if we apologize for them, play party politics, spread the talking point propaganda or stand by our party as they sell us out we deserve it. Bush is a disaster. Does he get all the blame? HELL no. Does he get a big sloppy portion of it? Yes. Yes he does.

Agreed

But you know, if you had financial ties to his cabinet or even just shared some by proxy he did a great job for you. Just not for our kids futures.

They had all three branches, man! What they could have done with it. Social Security? Nothing. Immigration? Nothing. Spending reform, fiscal responsibility, energy reform, NAFTA. What did they do????

I won't apologize for Congress. They are the worst.

Agreed

Eli

Comment

Why is it necessary for me to bring up all his negatives when thats all we see on television. All I'm saying is Bush is America's whipping boy, you know it and I know it.

This is why I'm "defending" Obama in here all the time. He is taking the heat for the whole system and taking scrutiny off of those who deserve it as much as he does.

Eli

Comment

Why is it necessary for me to bring up all his negatives when thats all we see on television. All I'm saying is Bush is America's whipping boy, you know it and I know it.

This is why I'm "defending" Obama in here all the time. He is taking the heat for the whole system and taking scrutiny off of those who deserve it as much as he does.

Eli
                              No Eli, he is taking scrutiny because he is running for the presidency. The same way everyone else that has run for office has.

Comment

here we go.. I almost forgot about how fun last election year was .

I am fortunate to have my beliefs and political views in line with my wife. So now we just have to be frustrated with everyone else

Comment

Working...
                                X