X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics in the your house

More of a rant than anything else. My wife is an avid obama fan and she keeps talking about how great he is but all I keep hearing is wah, wah, wah, wah(charlie brown's teacher). I feel much better now, just had to get that off my chest.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Politics in the your house

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    More of a rant than anything else. My wife is an avid obama fan and she keeps talking about how great he is but all I keep hearing is wah, wah, wah, wah(charlie brown's teacher). I feel much better now, just had to get that off my chest.
    I'm a rabid Ron Paul fan, and now am rooting for Johnny Mac. My wife liked Mitt Romney; but will go for McCain because she thinks Barry O will cost us money. My wife isn't nearly as engaged in politics as I am, but she puts up with me talking about it (just like she puts up with my woodworking/home improvement discussion).

The Russia/Georgia conflict is a topic that is off limits though.

Comment

I'm single, have had many opportunities to not be single, and I've never been married, but here are some good words of wisdom that I live by, forever:

"If the wife/gf is not happy, NOBODY is happy."

11th commandment and you must follow these words inscribed on the stone tablets of luerve...

On the subject of Obama,

I could never vote for any individual that cannot raise their hand in honor across the heart to show gesture of dignity to stand in attention during those famous words we've come to known as great americans.

If he gets in, and practices this habit of not doing so, you'll see a million court cases thrown out the window in regards to prayer in school, the inability now to not recite the pledge of allegiance sp? and so forth.
      Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 08-16-2008, 09:52 PM.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
        i'm single, have had many opportunities to not be single, and i've never been married, but here are some good words of wisdom that i live by, forever:

"if the wife/gf is not happy, nobody is happy."

11th commandment and you must follow these words inscribed on the stone tablets of luerve...

On the subject of obama,

i could never vote for any individual that cannot raise their hand in honor across the heart to show gesture of dignity to stand in attention during those famous words we've come to known as great americans.

If he gets in, and practices this habit of not doing so, you'll see a million court cases thrown out the window in regards to prayer in school, the inability now to not recite the pledge of allegiance sp? And so forth.
        : )

Comment

Toss her out on her ***. There's no chance in hell that you will ever be able to make a go of it with a Democrat. It's mental cruelty.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

On the subject of Obama,

I could never vote for any individual that cannot raise their hand in honor across the heart to show gesture of dignity to stand in attention during those famous words we've come to known as great americans.

Don't care for obama but a flipside to this is that most military members don't cover their heart either. We stand at attention. This not navy policy but it's become commonplace and accepted within the military ranks.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Toss her out on her ***. There's no chance in hell that you will ever be able to make a go of it with a Democrat. It's mental cruelty.
              Hope you like grits... the wif will have a big bowl waiting for you.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

After 38-years my wife Brenda and I generally agree but when we don't we respect each others right to be wrong.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the discord in your house. Hopefully you two can find a common theme you both agree with, even if you support different candidates.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Did you happen to ask her what are his qualifications?

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                      Uh.. He's young. He looks good on camera. 140 whole days in the senate. Uh..He wants Change. Uh Uh UH. Oh damn he's hardly qualified to be a dog walker.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        After 38-years my wife Brenda and I generally agree but when we don't we respect each others right to be wrong.

Mark
                        I take Mark's approach. She likes Obama and that's fine, I don't.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I take Mark's approach. She likes Obama and that's fine, I don't.

There's a whoooooooooole lot of people that like Obama because that is the how the tide rides with either side of the fence.

It's default by nature.

In reference to your last statement about how military men don't do the hand across the heart, I already knew that. However it is commonplace for Americans and civilians abroad to respect that common tradition and represent what has been done for years.

There's already so much that has been lost in tradition. If you're a true American, things like this bothers a great deal in the realm of patriotism.

Definitely not a race issue. The guy is talented, he's better served earning the ranks and not just representing them in the snapshot of time.

And if Kerry becomes his sidekick...............?? I hear the swiftboats a paddling!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

John Kerry, another guy that's never held a real job.
                            sigpic

Comment

i dont post in this type of threads because it all comes down to who you like ,we all see some thing different in people . how many times did you vote for some one that you talked so highly about and they got in and did a crap job ,then you stopped talking about them .
                              the president is not the only one that can change things and you voted in the others .

who voted for Bush and was happy for the things he has done
                              put us way into debt
                              made problems in the world so oil prices went sky high
                              made it hard for middle income people to get ahead with $
                              there were a lot of things that went wrong in 8yrs and tell me you were not affected by any of them ,we all were
                              so how do know what they say they will do if they win they will keep there word

YOU DONT

so why all the talk and knocking the one you dont like
                              just vote for who you want and hope you made the right choice
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X