X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer anti virus program

I use Antivir for my antivirus program. Used it for several years, is highly rated and free for home use. Virus definitions are updated without any problems. I use Sunblet Personal Firewall instead of the firewall that comes with windows, it's much better and has a free version that is good for home use.
    BMJinGA - There's no substitute for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      I really like Norton, nothing seizes up the computer faster.
      For that reason I don't use Norton either.

As for anti-virus programs, they all recieve the same updates/definitions.

The best are the software that don't take over your computer or attempt to force you into upgraqding for more money.

Norton does that in my experience, when I get a new pc with free Norton, I just download a good program and delete it as long AS I can stand having my pc run slow or until before it expires.

Comment

You should always try to get a pay version of an Anti-Virus if you can. There's no such thing as completely free. The free ones lack a lot of the protection features and sometimes get the updates later than the pay versions. They have to make their money somewhere. They usually only include basic virus protection which is only a small part of the threat. Pay versions include much broader protection. You want something that can scan for spyware, rootkits, phishing/email, intrusion detection/firewall among other things.

Norton has become a bloated piece of software and is not the best anymore but it is still very capable with a broad range of protection. If a computer brings it free I'd let it run until it expires as long as there is no problem with it.

Comment

My provider does a pretty goot job of virus protection, I run whatever came on the machine but I've never got a virus ever.
          sigpic

Comment

The best way to avoid viruses is to stay off the internet. Since that's not feasible, then buy a mac or run linux. Windows will get viruses. Period.

Comment

i dont recommend using norton..

Comment

Working...
              X