Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still Buying Water Bottles?

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
    Same thing I've thought since the beginning. I never understood how people would be willing to pay a dollar or more for a few cents worth of water. I never ever buy water bottles unless I have absolutely no choice which is maybe once a year at most.
    I agree, I will never buy water in plastic bottles unless I absolutely have to...

The cost factor, well people will just buy about anything for a measly dollar.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

My wife and I talk about this often...We have drastically reduced the amount of commercial bottled water we buy/drink, now the issue is our bad(but drinkable) water. My wife is complaining about bad taste. Looks like I may be buying an ah home RO unit or something like that. The little fridge filter isn't doing it for us (mostly her) anymore.

Greg

Comment

no i have township water and there is a strong chlorine taste to it so we have a filter pitcher that we have in the fridge

no when we go to the Adirondacks in NY there is a pipe that comes out of the ground that is pure spring water [ and it has bin tested ok ] . the thing is i love to see how people will fill 20 - 1gal jugs and keep them at room temp for weeks ,all this will do is grow all kind of things in it before they drink it
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
          I agree, I will never buy water in plastic bottles unless I absolutely have to...

The cost factor, well people will just buy about anything for a measly dollar.

Agree on not buying bottles water unless necessary. Another big threat is that bottled water is not regulated or required to meet the same quality levels that municipal water is. DW&PB mag had an article on this recently (this year). I'd look it up the issue date but it's in my office at work.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I am so sorry I did not get in on this huge scam. If I have to buy

water I buy the gallon jug that they sell by the milk. It's still cheeper

than the small bottles. Dang can you believe it's more expensive

than pop. I will always be amazed by that scam. Don't

laugh you know our loved ones will be buying air next. The sad thing

is just like the bottled water. We will be powerless to stop them.

Comment

Hey, you need to get in touch with china and make a screw on cap that works like a bidet tip, has a longer tube that goes down into the bottom as the vent relief so the bottle expands back out.

That way if you're on the road or not at home, you'll have the ability to stay fresh and clean, you know what I mean?
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Sorry Frank, I'll buy two maybe four dozen at a time

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
                  Sorry Frank, I'll buy two maybe four dozen at a time
                  Nothing to be sorry about. I thought you might be a younger guy since this this trend seemed more popular with folks who grew up with water bottles, but if you enjoy the product and don't mind the cost it's your choice. I'm glad my wife and daughters drink water more than soda for example, but since I'm always watching expenses it bothers me to pay for water. I get bugged when I open my daughter's car and find five or six half finished bottles of water, but it would be a lot worse if they were beers!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Hey, you need to get in touch with china and make a screw on cap that works like a bidet tip, has a longer tube that goes down into the bottom as the vent relief so the bottle expands back out.

That way if you're on the road or not at home, you'll have the ability to stay fresh and clean, you know what I mean?
                    that would rate right up there with that toilet sink thingy someone posted earlier this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      I get bugged when I open my daughter's car and find five or six half finished bottles of water, but it would be a lot worse if they were beers!
                      That would be a real waste of money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        That would be a real waste of money!!!
                        Good one. I worked with a lively bunch of good guys who enjoyed a beer on special occassions such as a new hour. Once while we were waiting for a car to move off a manhole near a beer distributor ,the forklift operator lost control of a pallet of heinekens. Beer was flowing all over the street and I swear one of my buddies shed a tear for the fallen soldiers.

Comment

Good one. I worked with a lively bunch of good guys who enjoyed a beer on special occassions such as a new hour. Once while we were waiting for a car to move off a manhole near a beer distributor ,the forklift operator lost control of a pallet of heinekens. Beer was flowing all over the street and I swear one of my buddies shed a tear for the fallen soldiers.

THAT is funny!

Comment

Nothing to be sorry about. I thought you might be a younger guy since this this trend seemed more popular with folks who grew up with water bottles, but if you enjoy the product and don't mind the cost it's your choice. I'm glad my wife and daughters drink water more than soda for example, but since I'm always watching expenses it bothers me to pay for water. I get bugged when I open my daughter's car and find five or six half finished bottles of water, but it would be a lot worse if they were beers!
                            I'm familiar with the half drinker.

Comment

It wasn't long ago that the soda companies that sell bottled water, like Dasani got in trouble when it was discovered they were bottling nothing more than tap water. They were using cute acronyms like LWS for the water source. Turns out that is local water supply.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X