Dangerous Intentions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous Intentions

I admit when it comes to complicated matters of foreign policy I don't know as much as some of you, so I will throw out this question which I have hinted at previously. What if Russia intends to do serious harm in Georgia on a scale that draws us in to a military conflict. What if Russia in some kind of desperation move is willing to use everything they have to attack us? What if they have allies ready to move in conjunction with them? I know a lot of what ifs, but could it happen? Could it be happening as we speak? How far can their weapons reach? I am concerned because I think the longer they stall their withdrawal the stronger this scenario becomes. Scary.
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM.

Re: Dangerous Intentions

I dont believe Russia is in a position to attack us.......yet. I think If they did, we would have more ally's on our side. Russia is not as strong as it was during the cold war but they have been progressively getting stronger. I think Russia's move on Georgia is a test like Iran is doing to see what they can get away with.

Comment

We have far more allies than Russia. Back in the day they were strong USSR, now many of parts of the USSR are democratized and joining the EU. We have more allies than we ever had in history and we are still the strongest military in the world by FAR.

If they attacked us, or they continue to attack our allies, they will regret it...SORELY.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It's one two three four, what the hell are we fighting for.... WWIII.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reassuring replies. I heard there will be an emergency meeting of NATO tomorrow as things continue to heat up. One hundred and eighteen thousand families fled their homes in Georgia, that country needs military defense from Russia and soon. I figured in a what if scenario could putin think his military along with allies catch us off guard sufficiently with a first strike? The element of the unexpected always bothers me, but you guys make sense. Thanks.

Comment

If it eases your mind, be more worried about North Korea or Iran.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Thanks for the reassuring replies. I heard there will be an emergency meeting of NATO tomorrow as things continue to heat up. One hundred and eighteen thousand families fled their homes in Georgia, that country needs military defense from Russia and soon. I figured in a what if scenario could putin think his military along with allies catch us off guard sufficiently with a first strike? The element of the unexpected always bothers me, but you guys make sense. Thanks.
              As CPW stated in another post hopefully they (Georgia) can speed up the process of joining NATO as well as Ukraine. With Nato on their side Russia will be forced to leave these countries alone.....Hopefully

Comment

Putin is a man that's more dangerous than people think he is.

That guy has snuffed quite a few people while he's been in office.

His way or the in the ground you stand on.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

My big worry would be if China backs them like they have in the past. China is who I am worried about. They own our currency and have enough people and a strong enough military that they could take over the world if and when they want to. Right now we are making them money, but they won't need us forever.

Eli
                  A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                    My big worry would be if China backs them like they have in the past. China is who I am worried about. They own our currency and have enough people and a strong enough military that they could take over the world if and when they want to. Right now we are making them money, but they won't need us forever.

Eli
                    You make a great point about China.

Like a wise man I once new said "All those countries that parade their military in the street march real nice"

Comment

Working...
                    X