Ridgid 15" Drill Press

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 15" Drill Press

Just purchased the Ridgid 15" DP Drill Press, and had a question regarding the light that is provided. I am using a standard 60W bulb, and noticed that while drilling, the bulb blowing out. I am assuming this is due to vibration. I am going to try using a ceiling fan bulb instead. Anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks.

Scott

Re: Ridgid 15" Drill Press

I checked the owner's manual and it states to not use a light bulb rated more than 60 Watts but makes no mention about the physical size. With that in mind I would recommend a ruff service, vibration resistant light bulb. A ceiling fan bulb normally is of a size A15 where a regular 40 or 60 Watt light bulb is size A19 which is larger. Try looking at the ceiling fan bulbs and also see if you can find 50 or 60 Watt RUFF SERVICE or GARAGE DOOR OPENER light bulbs rated at 60 Watts and 120 Volts.

My drill press isn't a RIDGID and I have to use 40A15 appliance type light bulbs in it. A regular size A19 would never fit into the lamp holder.
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to try the ruff service, vibration resistant light bulb.

Comment

I've got a compact fluorescent in mine. Works well.
        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I've never had that problem with my Ridgid DP. I've used it lots, and it still has the original bulb in it. Just a standard 60-watt bulb.

Check your pulley alignment. There's instructions in the manual on how to line up the pulleys, and you really have to follow the directions carefully. If the pulleys are aligned properly and it's still rattling like that, you may need to return it.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
          X