Filters for my Vac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filters for my Vac

I bought my vac about 7 or 8 years ago. The filters that are available now look different than what fits on my vac.

My vac filter has one closed end at the end of the cylinder and is tightened by a plastic wing nut. The new filters are opened on both ends.

Can I use the new filter with my model? (4.25HP / 12 Gal)

Re: Filters for my Vac

Originally posted by 4shore View Post
    I bought my vac about 7 or 8 years ago. The filters that are available now look different than what fits on my vac.

My vac filter has one closed end at the end of the cylinder and is tightened by a plastic wing nut. The new filters are opened on both ends.

Can I use the new filter with my model? (4.25HP / 12 Gal)
    Sears stocks an extensive line up of filters in their tool department that might fit. Measure your filter diameter/height. Are you sure the "closed end" is not the removeable filter plate?

Comment

Re: Filters for my Vac

The original filter is glued to the filter plate (the "closed end"). Pull the old filter off of the plastic plate with needle nose pliers and you can use it with the new filters. Alternately, Home Depot should sell the filter plates and/or wing nuts separately. If you find the new filters seem too tall, you may need to call the Ridgid support number and ask for a new filter plate so you can use the newer/taller filters, depending on how old your vac is.

Comment

Working...
      X