X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theft

My 1988 s-10 pickup(avge 23-25 city&highway)was stolen about 10 days ago.Wrecked Steering column, stripped gear shifter or gears,toolbox destroyed,one of the k-50's missing,Radio ripped out,pipe wrenches missing and I am wondering WHERE is my foot pedal for the jetter? Police recovered the vech.within .45 mins after we called it in.But oh,the damage. But, it could have been worst.Could have been one of my family in the vech.------I thank God,the price was not higher.---------------Just running my mouth or I should type,my finger.Well Goodnight all.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Re: Theft

That sucks eggs Big Time. Even if they catch the birds who stole it, dollars to doughnuts there will be no financial recovery from them to you.

I never understood what motivates those types of crimes - misplaced anger I suppose.

I wish you all the best.

How is the non-smoking coming? Still smoke free after your year anniversary?

-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
      My 1988 s-10 pickup(avge 23-25 city&highway)was stolen about 10 days ago.Wrecked Steering column, stripped gear shifter or gears,toolbox destroyed,one of the k-50's missing,Radio ripped out,pipe wrenches missing and I am wondering WHERE is my foot pedal for the jetter? Police recovered the vech.within .45 mins after we called it in.But oh,the damage. But, it could have been worst.Could have been one of my family in the vech.------I thank God,the price was not higher.---------------Just running my mouth or I should type,my finger.Well Goodnight all.
      That is horrible news. There is a special place in Hell for a person who would steal the tools a man feeds his family with.

Mark
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 08-30-2008, 01:17 PM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Still smoke free Tom.Thanks.
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about the theft. What a crock

Good news on your smoke-free living! Congratulations.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Good luck on recovering from this dreadful experience and keep up the good fight on staying smoke free.

Comment

at least it was only material things. that being said i hate a freaking thief almost as bad as anything. there is NO punishment too slow or painful for a thief.

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that.

I knew many thieves in my previous job and they all had one thing in common, they were all cowards.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I guess the only positive side is that it could have been worse. I have about 70 men on my job site and things are starting to go missing. 1 sub contractor lost $2000 of tools in 1 day a hilti lazer and a hilti gas powered gun and a couple other safety items. It is tough with so many people on site. I have to believe that someone is coming in and stealing in broad daylight. I am trying to set up a program that at least identifies the tradesman that are supposed to be on site. (Special job specific stickers for the hard hats) If it is one of the men on site stealing from the other tradesman, Oh boy I do not want to be in his shoes when he gets caught. A special place in hell will be the welcome relief when the guys get finished with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Faboo View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I guess the only positive side is that it could have been worse. I have about 70 men on my job site and things are starting to go missing. 1 sub contractor lost $2000 of tools in 1 day a hilti lazer and a hilti gas powered gun and a couple other safety items. It is tough with so many people on site. I have to believe that someone is coming in and stealing in broad daylight. I am trying to set up a program that at least identifies the tradesman that are supposed to be on site. (Special job specific stickers for the hard hats) If it is one of the men on site stealing from the other tradesman, Oh boy I do not want to be in his shoes when he gets caught. A special place in hell will be the welcome relief when the guys get finished with him.
                    we had this happen on one of my jobs where some thing was missing from a tool bag so being that the only person in and out of the tool bag was the owner .so i got my dog and i opened the bag and she put her nose in it and i said the command to start and off we went .we went all through the site and out to the parking lot to a car of a worker on the site where he was having lunch and the dog did not want to leave the car .
                    he asked what was going on and the person that had there tools taken explained and he started his car and took off . then the cops were called .
                    not sure what happened after that but there were no more things missing on the job

now on my job box it i have a sign that says i have a man tracking bloodhound so if you dare to take any thing with out asking i will find you
                    no i need to pit a picture of here jumping on some one next to the sing
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I feel you pain.
                      I lost two Rigid threaders(#300 and #270?), every power tool and extension cord in just minutes when I went to get a Gas permit in Boston. That was ten years ago and I still get pissed.
                      Now I work on an Island with a well monitored toll bridge. NOTHING gets stolen! The contractors and tradesmen know they have a good deal and wont risk screwing it up for a couple of tools. Best work environment I've been in.
                      Mike

Comment

I have been very blessed so far, that I have never had anything stolen from my truck. I think about it a lot though. I think about the many thousands of dollars of inventory and tools sitting in my truck, and I keep it locked and a watchful eye on it as much as I can.
                        Tool thieves deserve a severe punishment.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

if i cant see my truck as i work on big jobs it is locked

if i cant see my job box it is closed and most other contractors on the job that we see all the time watch for the new ones looking in job boxes thats not his box

we all keep an eye out for new people on job that look like trouble

all my tools have a # engraved on then and are painted with 2 different colors of paint in the same pattern so i can see it quick

then there is Rosie if i need her then i will when she gets them
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I was working on a hotel years ago and there used to be kids who would come through selling candy for fund-raisers every now and then. There were over 200 people from various trades on site most days. Didn't have much trouble with theft until the kids started coming around. We noticed after getting hit a couple times and talking to the other trades that were hit that a pattern could be found. Every floor that the kids had visited to sell candy was missing tools. One of the carpenters caught them one day and had one of the kids by the throat before they pulled him off. they held the four kids and called the cops. About half the tools stolen over the three weeks were recovered by the cops from their homes. The kids said they had sold the rest of the tools.

There was a guard there at night but they were stealing right under our noses during the day. One kid would distract everyone with the candy sales and the another would grad a Hilti drill or something out of the gangbox.

Sadly all the kids were under 15, one was only 12.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X