• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's DNC speech.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/...n_obama_text_1
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Obama's DNC speech.

thanks for posting the speech. i missed it last night and haven't gone to get today's paper or turned a tv on.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Great speech but not real crazy about the content. Hands down he is the best speaker of the 2. Thats all I'll say.

Comment

I think the majority of the right stood in awe of what they was witnessing.
        Obama took on last night without an ounce of fear, none...and it showed.

As I mentioned before, we are probably looking at our next president. That's being entirely realistic.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I think the majority of the right stood in awe of what they was witnessing.
          Obama took on last night without an ounce of fear, none...and it showed.

As I mentioned before, we are probably looking at our next president. That's being entirely realistic.

OHHH YEEAHHH,
          This was called months ago.Americans are more addicted to Bullsh!t than cocaine.
          This guy is giving them what they want.Why hold back.

"PUMP-UP THE VOLUME"..."PUMP-UP THE VOLUME"

Comment

It all seems to boil down to two things;
            (1) George Bush is terrible.
            (2) John McCain is the same as George Bush.

You need to believe 1 and 2 to take something away.

Comment

The only change I see coming from Obama is the amount of discretionary income we will have and it will not be in a good way.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I give him an a+ on the delivery of the speech but a c- on context.

So much for change. It seemed like the same speech from every other DNC.

I wish he would have elaborated more on how he will get us free from oil in 10 years? He should have been more realistic.

Comment

I came home to the wife watching it last night...I went straight to the shower and then my room.

She asked me why I didn't watch it, I said "There are only so many times I want to hear promises from a politician...it's just talk"

It's starting to look like she may vote for him ...

Her basis?

She likes what he has to say.

I made the mistake of asking her what she thinks about McCains history, his track record, his level of experience...she took it as an attack on Obama when I asked about his record.

I then reminded her that a campaign is where the politician tells voters what they want to hear to get their vote....that looking at a politicians historical track record & achievements is a very important way to guage what to expect from them.

The mistake had been made, I breached a topic I KNEW I shouldn't have....

At the point where it became apparent that I was the bad guy for putting down a living saint I sauntered into the dining room and sorted through the mail for a Victoria's secret catalogue I knew was there from a few days back.

Suddenly the heated "passion" was diverted by the same level of thinking that has aroused interest in Obama in the first place.

Comment

I live in Illinois....bad roads, wasted taxes, inflated taxes, corruption, illegal immigration, massive gun control. Alas, the rest of the country will go the way of Illinois.

Comment

Oh come on Mark. He said he is lowering my taxes and lowering the cost of my health insurance premiums. That means more money for me. And man i am glad he is stopping the government from gambling (privatizing) away my social security... that sound scary.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      The only change I see coming from Obama is the amount of discretionary income we will have and it will not be in a good way.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                        I live in Illinois....bad roads, wasted taxes, inflated taxes, corruption, illegal immigration, massive gun control. Alas, the rest of the country will go the way of Illinois.

I PRAY NOT.

Comment

Hey if Obama wins, racism stops at the door,

if McCain wins, Hot looking woman runs the united states, eskimo patrol when ole johnny kicks the bucket.

BTW, registered independent here. I like the view of being hated like a nader vote hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I heard that women were crying, men were puking during last night's event.

I'd like to see how the DNC is going to spar against a woman; unchartered territory right there...
                          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 08-29-2008, 09:55 PM.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                          X