X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McCain's VP choice

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    I am mad at the ignorant people who protest abortion but do absolutely Nothing to prevent unwanted pregnancy! IF it were up to me there would be mandatory birth control for ALL males and females capable of reproducing. A couple would have to prove intent before being allowed to conceive a child. Raising a child is serious business and it cannot be forced by the government or religion. The threat of Aids has not stopped many people including married people who cheat from having unprotected sex. We are a society of selfish morons, having unprotected sex, cheating on our spouses, refusing to be proactive and use birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies while at the same time protesting Abortion.
    Thank goodness it's not up to you. This is America not some communist country.....yet.

I am NOT a contributor to the society you live in. I know many people who are not selfish and do the right thing every single day. I'm sorry you live in such a terrible place, but please don't group me and others I know that do the right thing in some society where people CHOOSE to do the wrong thing. People that choose to cheat, have unprotected sex, do drugs must live with the consequences that arise out of the decisions they make. It is not governments responsibility to hand out condoms, hypodermic needles or methadone.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      Thank goodness it's not up to you. This is America not some communist country.....yet.

I am NOT a contributor to the society you live in. I know many people who are not selfish and do the right thing every single day. I'm sorry you live in such a terrible place, but please don't group me and others I know that do the right thing in some society where people CHOOSE to do the wrong thing. People that choose to cheat, have unprotected sex, do drugs must live with the consequences that arise out of the decisions they make. It is not governments responsibility to hand out condoms, hypodermic needles or methadone.
      Unfortunately, I and others are forced to live in your society of abortion due to ignorance and the refusal to provide free and easily accessable birth control. Your idea of a progressive society has people like me paying for the babies that are born to people who had and have no means to support them. Everyone lives with the consequences you mention, we pay for it through our taxes, we endure the cycle of ignorance put upon society by these idiots. Our legal system is crowed with these people and their unplanned children. Society as a whole has failed to stop teenagers from having sex, unprotected or otherwise. The best thing we can do now for them and ourselves is push birth control. Maybe there should be some criminal prosecution for not using birth control! Our society is *** backwards and needs a new direction. Prevent the unwanted pregnancies, slow down the abortions. I agree with the needles and methadone, give'em a one time chance to get clean or put them to sleep. You want a better future? You want a better omelet? You're gonna have to get rid of the bad eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
        Whats this I hear about Palin's 17 year old daughter being pregnant? Uh Oh...
        Where were you on the night of the 15th ???
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

"People that choose to cheat, have unprotected sex, do drugs must live with the consequences that arise out of the decisions they make."

Unfortunately all the rest of us sane people have to live with the consequences of their decisions too, and pay for them to boot!!
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiar[COLOR=black
            mz;170687]Unfortunately, I and others are forced to live in your society of abortion due to ignorance and the refusal to provide free and easily accessable birth control[/COLOR]. Your idea of a progressive society has people like me paying for the babies that are born to people who had and have no means to support them. Everyone lives with the consequences you mention, we pay for it through our taxes, we endure the cycle of ignorance put upon society by these idiots. Our legal system is crowed with these people and their unplanned children. Society as a whole has failed to stop teenagers from having sex, unprotected or otherwise. The best thing we can do now for them and ourselves is push birth control. Maybe there should be some criminal prosecution for not using birth control! Our society is *** backwards and needs a new direction. Prevent the unwanted pregnancies, slow down the abortions. I agree with the needles and methadone, give'em a one time chance to get clean or put them to sleep. You want a better future? You want a better omelet? You're gonna have to get rid of the bad eggs.
            What is an unplanned child Frankie? If you have unprotected sex and "finish off" inside, there is a very good possibility the woman will get pregnant. So where does the "un-planned" come in?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              "People that choose to cheat, have unprotected sex, do drugs must live with the consequences that arise out of the decisions they make."

Unfortunately all the rest of us sane people have to live with the consequences of their decisions too, and pay for them to boot!!
              If someone cheats on their wife how do you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                At least to me that is a non-issue. It means her daughter is healthy; and now has to grow up. I've grown up more in the past 3 years than in the previous 23.
                Please, tell me your not 26.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  Please, tell me your not 26.
                  I'm not 26.

Actually, I am 26. My brief biography is that I met my wife when we were 18; got married when we were 22; we had our son when we were 23; I got my Ph.D. when I was 24; I got a job and we moved from Long Island to Westchester county; we bought our house at 25 and had our daughter about six months later; which brings us up to a year ago.

Comment

What is an unplanned child Frankie? If you have unprotected sex and "finish off" inside, there is a very good possibility the woman will get pregnant. So where does the "un-planned" come in?
                    If you understood what a "planned " pregnancy was you would understand the difference. Unplanned between a male and female human (I don't say man and woman because many of these people are too young to qualify) is when they are having sex and are either too drunk, drugged up or stupid to give a dam. We, the folks who pay for all the services the resulting baby will use up for the rest of it's life are the victims. I would rather pay for the birth control than the baby these fools create. Planned is when you have two people who care about eachother, are self sufficient (working) and have the good intention of caring for and raising a baby to adulthood, or close to it. Regarding how married people who cheat impact the rest of us, the issues are many. We who are married and not divorced( there are propably ten or twelve of us left) have to deal with crowded courts, all sorts of burdens to our health system for the testing for diseases these idiots incure, a whole slew of problems arising from the children of divorce, generations of people who carry the hurt and damage resulting from infidelity, I won't go on anymore but if you think the problems of cheating are reserved for the specific couple involved you are not very open minded. Marriage as an institution has failed poorly. Man cannot be domesticated! Some of us have amazing depth of conviction, morals, caring and undying love, the rest of us are constantly balancing on a razors edge only moments from having sex with the first woman to give us the nod.

Comment

I'm not 26.

Actually, I am 26. My brief biography is that I met my wife when we were 18; got married when we were 22; we had our son when we were 23; I got my Ph.D. when I was 24; I got a job and we moved from Long Island to Westchester county; we bought our house at 25 and had our daughter about six months later; which brings us up to a year ago.
                      Holy cow...yer Doogie Howser!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        I am mad at the ignorant people who protest abortion but do absolutely Nothing to prevent unwanted pregnancy! IF it were up to me there would be mandatory birth control for ALL males and females capable of reproducing. A couple would have to prove intent before being allowed to conceive a child. Raising a child is serious business and it cannot be forced by the government or religion.
                        Government should stay out of it. Religion is optional so it can't force anything. Having kids is the greatest joy, responsibility, and right there is. I think it falls under all three of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness [not that those three have any actual protection; but they are a good philosopical starting point].

The threat of Aids has not stopped many people including married people who cheat from having unprotected sex. We are a society of selfish morons, having unprotected sex, cheating on our spouses, refusing to be proactive and use birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies while at the same time protesting Abortion.
                        Palin has nothing against the use of birth control. How do you know the child is unwanted. There is a BIG difference between an accidental child and an unwanted child.

As an aside, if you want to have sex and not have children; I think oral contraception or equivalent is the only way to go. If you don't want to get an STD, then you need to practice monogamy. Contraceptives don't do it; and condoms fail and although they probably provide very good protection against things like AIDs; they won't prevent the spread of Herpes, which is probably a bigger problem.
                        Last edited by cpw; 09-01-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I'm not 26.

Retired at 30?! Already accomplished so much. You should try to be humble and proud at the same time.

You're getting dangerously close to an honorary Plumbers License. (Allows you to change aerators and talk shop.)

J.C.

Comment

Credit Card

Muwaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              You're getting dangerously close to an honorary Plumbers License. (Allows you to change aerators and talk shop.)

Comment

I won't know I am paying for it most times. Unless I happened to know he had cheated on his wife (could just as easily be the other way around too).

I(We) pay because if he/she can't be trusted to honor their sacred commitment to their spouse how they can they be trusted to do a good job for me or not steal from me when I am not watching them?

Comment

Working...
                                X