• Another conflict of interest??

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08312008...uit_126918.htm

Re: Another conflict of interest??

http://www.ktva.com/commissionercontroversy/ci_10195264

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-69417
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Yea, but that's in the NY Post, and nobody but right wing conservitaves are interested in the truth.

Hey there Tinmack. Still dabbling in U.S politics I see. Doesn't anything interesting ever happen in Canada?
      BTW my Canadian oil stocks are through the roof. Keep those boys pumping for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Yea, but that's in the NY Post, and nobody but right wing conservitaves are interested in the truth.

Hey there Tinmack. Still dabbling in U.S politics I see. Doesn't anything interesting ever happen in Canada?
        BTW my Canadian oil stocks are through the roof. Keep those boys pumping for me.
        US politics are infinitely more interesting than Canadian politics, especially with the addition of VP nominee MILF.....Governor COUGAR......whatever.

Glad to hear you're making some dough off the frozen tundra. It will help to offset the $5.00/gallon price of gas when Gustav hits the Gulf next week.

Comment

I rarely drive more than 50 miles a week anyway. Heating oil is a bigger concern for me. You gotta admit, McCains pick is pretty easy on the eyes eh.

Can you imagine how pissed Hillery will be if she's not the first woman to make the White House?

U.S. politics has prety much reached the point of absurd anyway. It's more like American Idol than anything else.
          sigpic

Comment

It is absurd, and the fringe groups from both parties make it even more interesting, like the guys who orchestrated the Swift Boat thing last time. It's like a car wreck - you know you shouldn't look but you can't help but stare to see if there's any blood.

Comment

so Palin is a typical politican just like Biden. if youre a democrat Palin is crooked and if youre a republican Biden is crooked. Let us just admit most politicians tell lies, and the dems and the repubs should quit whining about each other. that is why our country is in the shape its in. no one wants to work together! i pity people who think one party has a patent on honesty!

Comment

Quit whining? what are you nuts? that's half the fun. No one gives a rat's *** what either one of these bozo's think, we just love the mud slinging.
                sigpic

Comment

i think the politicians agree, lets keep on whining so they wont have to deal with the tough issues of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                    so Palin is a typical politican just like Biden. if youre a democrat Palin is crooked and if youre a republican Biden is crooked. Let us just admit most politicians tell lies, and the dems and the repubs should quit whining about each other. that is why our country is in the shape its in. no one wants to work together! i pity people who think one party has a patent on honesty!
                    This is exactly why McCain gets my vote.
                    They'll both tell us what we want to hear, sling mud at eachother.
                    McCain has stood fast on his policies, Obama has swung around a time or two to appease the public.

McCain has an actual track record in politics, has done some very risky things to do what he saw was right.

Obama has a negatable history of achievement, looks like nothing more than a figurehead so far.

Comment

so McCain flip flopping on tax cuts and all the things hes has changed his mind on is ok because he is a republican? I think the democrats have lost their mind and left the policies that made them strong. But i also know that if it werent for a democratic president that many in our own country that wanted a job and wanted to work would have starved to death. Hoover didnt have a clue how to fix the problems, but Roosevelt did! i do not know this on my own and im 58, but from my father who lived through this.

Comment

no matter which is elected, it is gonna be nice to get the current president back to Texas. maybe whoever gets in , the economy will improve, simply beacause people feel better about the country's future.

Comment

"U.S. politics has prety much reached the point of absurd anyway. It's more like American Idol than anything else."

I laughed at that statement. It hits the mark on the sad state of politics in the US in some respects.

"Obama has a negatable history of achievement, looks like nothing more than a figurehead so far. "

And to me that is the scariest part of electing a figurehead or puppet, you don't know for sure who is pulling on the strings behind the curtain that make him speak or move the way he does. And you end up with someone you never intended to be running the country totally free from any controls imposed on the Office of President by the Constitution or Law.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                            no matter which is elected, it is gonna be nice to get the current president back to Texas. maybe whoever gets in , the economy will improve, simply beacause people feel better about the country's future.
                            I keep hearing the economy is in poor shape and while I believe we are in a slow down I don't see the horrible doom which the Democrats seem to spin during each election. When Clinton left office with his "great economy" the market was at 11,000. Today even after the 9/11 crash the market is at 13,000. In addition while foreclosure are up, mostly due to sub-prime loans, private home ownership is still up by 2% even after factoring in population growth.

By the way I hate to be harsh but I believe all those who gambled on the interest rate and took/gave ARMs with sub-prime loans got what they deserve and the rest of us should not pay for their mistakes.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X