Country Singer/Actor Jerry Reed Died

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Singer/Actor Jerry Reed Died

Report said he died early Monday at age 71 - Compilations from having emphysema.

More info: http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_...02170709990011

Re: Country Singer/Actor Jerry Reed Died

Also an amazing guitar player. I have an album he did with chet atkins.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, all these good people passing away, just makes me even older as I grew up watching these people, listening to them.

Somebody hold me!!!!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I didn't think he was in his seventies but it makes sense. I really enjoyed his acting both comedic and serious, he played a real good bad guy! Very talented man. Rest In Peace Jerry.

Comment

what a shame... he was in smoky and the bandit!!! snowman you got your ears on? You will be missed!

Comment

Reed was 71. i saw him play guitar at a little festival in Jackson, Mississippi in the very early '70s. through my drug/alcohol induced fog my ears picked up. i walked to the front of the stage. my thoughts were, "holy crap this dude can play" not only country but some killer blues AND old style ROCK & ROLL. he was ripping it up on an old beat up Strat and (i think) a Delux Reverb.

his acting skills, IMHO, ended with the 1st Smokey & The Bandit but i still enjoyed his deadpan/sorta dry humor.

Jerry Reed, another one that will be missed but still rolls around in my memory

RIP Jerry

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

That is truly sad to hear , The saddest part is there is going to be a lot more sad news like that in the next 5 to 10 years . Most of the music greats are all in thier sixties and not getting any younger.
              John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

Working...
              X