X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Political Joke

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    I'm not chuckling today. Just got 118 gallons of heating oil, $471.00. We use more than ten times that in a season! While McCain and Obama are promising us the world once they are in office, we currently have a President and Congress doing nothing to help the crisis.
    I understand your negativity but the current president and the republican congress are trying to do something, at least trying to have a vote. The Dems and Pelosi are blocking them. At least give credit to them trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      I understand your negativity but the current president and the republican congress are trying to do something...
      Yeah, they've been trying for 5 years now to take over Iraq so we can get all the oil we want for free!
      And after we invade ****, we'll never run out of the stuff!
      Too bad Afghanistan doesn't have any oil, or we might have found Bin Laden by now.

Comment

Cute joke. On a serious note, with a strong chance of Obama becoming our next President how can you safeguard all that you worked so hard to amass?
        Both Dems and Repubs are shoveling lies about what will happen in the future under the other party's economic plans.
        We can't trust the internet gossip, but we can examine the facts:
        Under Bill Clinton, the average American's income rose by $7,000.
        Under George Bush, the average American's income has dropped by $2,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
          Yeah, they've been trying for 5 years now to take over Iraq so we can get all the oil we want for free!
          And after we invade ****, we'll never run out of the stuff!
          Too bad Afghanistan doesn't have any oil, or we might have found Bin Laden by now.
          another rocket scientist

Comment

Really MasterPlumb, that's all you got?
            Call me dumb and walk away?
            If you don't think oil was part of the impetus for our invasion of Iraq, then you really have your head stuck in the middle eastern sand.

Comment

another rocket scientist
              It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand how bad things have gotten. I'm not blaming Bush, but in the last few years we have lost millions of jobs, watched millions of illegals invade our country, spent close to a trillion in iraq and lost thousands of American lives. Now we are in an energy crisis that will push us further into economic ruin while having a devistating impact on our abilty to consume goods and maintain our standard of living. I blame both parties democrats and republicans. They need to work together for the American people, not the lobbyists and eachother.

Comment

I understand your negativity but the current president and the republican congress are trying to do something, at least trying to have a vote. The Dems and Pelosi are blocking them. At least give credit to them trying.
                Am I right to infer that you're referencing Bush's attempt to open up offshore drilling?
                If so, I'll remind you that George Bush Senior was the one that banned it many years ago during his presidency. So don't try to blame Democrats for something Daddy Bush put in place.

Comment

Really MasterPlumb, that's all you got?
                  Call me dumb and walk away?
                  If you don't think oil was part of the impetus for our invasion of Iraq, then you really have your head stuck in the middle eastern sand.

let's wage a war we can't win under the name of "war on terrorism" and let the perps that are responsible for September 11 hide out in the wilds of Pakistan/Afghanistan,

if oil wasn't a major choice then i don't know what.

besides Dairylander i think of you more as a rocket surgeon. and i mean that in a GOOD way

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                    besides Dairylander i think of you more as a rocket surgeon. and i mean that in a GOOD way

steve
                    That's funny, I was just told the other day by a doctor friend that I'd be a good surgeon after he was watching me use my power tools.
                    He said the surgeons use the same saws and drills and chisels that I do, just on a smaller scale.
                    Anyone need some rhinoplasty? I'll give you a great price!

Comment

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand how bad things have gotten. I'm not blaming Bush, but in the last few years we have lost millions of jobs, watched millions of illegals invade our country, spent close to a trillion in iraq and lost thousands of American lives. Now we are in an energy crisis that will push us further into economic ruin while having a devistating impact on our abilty to consume goods and maintain our standard of living. I blame both parties democrats and republicans. They need to work together for the American people, not the lobbyists and eachother.
                      I normaly stay away from these posts but I cant help myself with this one..... Millions of lost jobs is because of Bush how???? And all these illegals, man when clinton was around there were none right? You mean to tell me taht they were camping out on the borders and waiting for the republicans to "let down their guard" I dont know where you live, but in westchester there are illegals running rampant, The situation is so bad that the police cant even stop the guys on the street and ask them for their paper work if they are legal? But if they get hurt they get in a car accident, or slip and fall it is our dollars paying for it with all? Free healthcare, that doesnt sound like a republican stance to me? keep believeing Obama's BS and empty promises trust me you'll be glad there is a system like welfare cuz we will need it! He is going to fix the energy crisis, pull us out of Iraq take all the money away from our military might as well just open up our borders and have a free for all. Can't wait for that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        I normaly stay away from these posts but I cant help myself with this one..... Millions of lost jobs is because of Bush how???? And all these illegals, man when clinton was around there were none right? You mean to tell me taht they were camping out on the borders and waiting for the republicans to "let down their guard" I dont know where you live, but in westchester there are illegals running rampant, The situation is so bad that the police cant even stop the guys on the street and ask them for their paper work if they are legal? But if they get hurt they get in a car accident, or slip and fall it is our dollars paying for it with all? Free healthcare, that doesnt sound like a republican stance to me? keep believeing Obama's BS and empty promises trust me you'll be glad there is a system like welfare cuz we will need it! He is going to fix the energy crisis, pull us out of Iraq take all the money away from our military might as well just open up our borders and have a free for all. Can't wait for that!!!
                        Reread my post that you quoted. I said I blame both parties! Illegals have been breaking our laws and burdening our economy for many years and neither party did a dam thing to stop it. Neither candidate will do anything to stop it when elected or deal with the illegals here now and that bothers me. As for the millions of jobs lost to mexico, india, china and the rest of the world not because Americans are lazy but because our laws encouraged the quest for cheap labor and zero concern for workers safety or environmental protection. Once again both parties stood by and did NOTHING! Lastly about the billions spent in iraq and the thousands of Americans killed, while this happened under PResident Bush I have no doubt that any sitting PResident would have done the exact thing given the same information unless someone can prove otherwise. I repeat both parties have failed the American public for years and now we are in bad shape. Did I make myself clear or do you still think I am attacking President Bush and suggesting Obama will be the cure?

Comment

Am I right to infer that you're referencing Bush's attempt to open up offshore drilling?
                          If so, I'll remind you that George Bush Senior was the one that banned it many years ago during his presidency. So don't try to blame Democrats for something Daddy Bush put in place.
                          First off pal I never alled you dumb. Yes Bush 41 closed offshore drilling but there is a difference between 30/barell and 115/barrell. Yes I blame the dems and especially Pelosi for not listening to75% of Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post

let's wage a war we can't win under the name of "war on terrorism" and let the perps that are responsible for September 11 hide out in the wilds of Pakistan/Afghanistan,

if oil wasn't a major choice then i don't know what.

steve
                            War we cant win? Uh I guess CNN hasn't really been streaming to the Virgin Islands lately huh?

Steve I urge you to vote for Obama....Oh Im sorry you dont have a voice in the USA you only get our protection....oops
                            Last edited by Masterplumb; 09-03-2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Re: Political Joke...Another one

While suturing a cut on the hand of a Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his bid to be our President. The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle.' Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.
                              The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.
                              The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just wonder what kind of a dumb a.ss put him up there in the first place

Comment

Helluva way to talk about the man who will probably be your next President. Show some respect!

Comment

Working...
                                X