X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Joke

Im sure many have seen it before but I figured this time of year is a good time to revive it.

Also hats off to the RNC for putting "Country First" during the hurricane yesterday. Im sure mainstream media won't applaud them for that but what else is new. Anyway here it goes:

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing? ' She replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.'

Her father then asked his daughter,'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's a crazy idea, and how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently 'Welcome to the Republican party.'

Re: Political Joke

Cute joke. On a serious note, with a strong chance of Obama becoming our next President how can you safeguard all that you worked so hard to amass? I figure I can hold off selling my house until any capitol gains taxes they pass can be repealed but the taxes in general might be a problem.

Comment

Off the record, I will discount cash payments

Comment

I had to smile while I read the joke as it is so close to home. My oldest daughter was quite the Liberal while attending college. Once she had to support herself and saw where (and how much) her taxes were going she became a Conservative.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I am not republican, but I still like that joke. One of the things I have in common with Republicans is the need for free enterprise economics.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Keith Olberman is breathing fire at the RNC and caught studio 1A on fire with his fury against republicans.

More information as it becomes available...
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Cute joke. On a serious note, with a strong chance of Obama becoming our next President how can you safeguard all that you worked so hard to amass? I figure I can hold off selling my house until any capitol gains taxes they pass can be repealed but the taxes in general might be a problem.
              Invest in guns, lots of guns and ammunition, lots and lots of ammunition, and food stocks, rice and canned stuff. Join the Revolution Brothers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post

I am not republican, but I still like that joke. One of the things I have in common with Republicans is the need for free enterprise economics.
                not jsut free but fair, enterprise,
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I had to smile while I read the joke as it is so close to home. My oldest daughter was quite the Liberal while attending college. Once she had to support herself and saw where (and how much) her taxes were going she became a Conservative.

Mark
                  I think if we got rid of withholding and had people right a check to the government every quarter; there would be much more anger at our taxes. I know that it is equivalent, but if I had to write a check for many thousands of dollars every 3 months I would be even more pissed at not keeping my money. I bet a lot of people who don't think about it now would be too.

Comment

New Joke, same jokers :-)

The Lie Clock

A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter
                    at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.

He asked, 'What are all those clocks?'

St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth
                    has a Lie-Clock.

Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move.'

'Oh,' said the man, 'whose clock is that?'

'That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating
                    that she never told a lie.'

'Incredible,' said the man. 'And whose clock is that one?'

St. Peter responded, 'That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have
                    moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life.'

'Where's Senator Obama's clock?' asked the man.

'Obama's clock is in Jesus' office.

He's using it as a ceiling fan.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by masterplumb View Post
                      im sure many have seen it before but i figured this time of year is a good time to revive it.

Also hats off to the rnc for putting "country first" during the hurricane yesterday. Im sure mainstream media won't applaud them for that but what else is new. Anyway here it goes:

a young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

she was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

one day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 gpa, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

her father listened and then asked, 'how is your friend george doing? ' she replied, 'george is barely getting by. All he takes are easy classes, he never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 gpa. He is so popular on campus; college for him is a blast. He's always invited to all the parties and lots of times he doesn't even show up for classes because he's too hung over.'

her father then asked his daughter,'why don't you go to the dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your gpa and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 gpa and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of gpa.'

the daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'that's a crazy idea, and how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! george has done next to nothing toward her degree. He played while i worked my tail off!'

the father slowly smiled, winked and said gently 'you have already met your future two term presidential nominee, but don't worry, his gpa is just fine. And instead of getting gpa from you and everyone else, we'll just borrow a lot of gpa from china, spend it like no one ever has, and our grandkids will pay it back. Oh, and that 3.0 that you had that was a "b" average? Now it's a c+/b- depending on how many parties you've been to with ol george, his best friends actual are getting better grades than ever before. So make sure you take mandarin classes and learn international business.welcome to the republican party.'
                      fify
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Looks like I hit a nerve with Eli. The man can't even laugh at that. Boy oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                          Looks like I hit a nerve with Eli. The man can't even laugh at that. Boy oh boy.
                          Oh i chuckled. I'm not mad, to tell you the truth I'm burned out this cycle. Debating about these two parties is like debating what kind of lube we prefer they use on us--there ain't gonna be none when the time comes anyway.

I thought my version was just as ironic though.
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                            I thought my version was just as ironic though.
                            I got a chuckle out of your version too, Eli. Just because it is serious business doesn't mean we can't have a sense of humor.

Comment

I'm not chuckling today. Just got 118 gallons of heating oil, $471.00. We use more than ten times that in a season! While McCain and Obama are promising us the world once they are in office, we currently have a President and Congress doing nothing to help the crisis.

Comment

Working...
                              X