This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah palin

Wow, this thread is going off the deep end. Frankiarmz sounds like he's about to lose it and turn into the next unabomber or something! So far its been pretty entertaining.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
      1892: "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."
      2008: "Shoot to Kill"
      Do you understand the difference between legal and illegal immigration? Okay, you and the other bleeding hearts think shoot to kill is too extreme? Issue our troops rubber bullets! I bet the families of people killed by illegals would not find shoot to kill too extreme. I appreciate these folks are leaving HEll and trying to improve their lives, willing to work hard and for the most part are good people, but they are breaking our laws and burdening our economy and leading to Americans being unemployed. Get in line and enter legally. Those huddled masses came here to be part of this country not to earn money not support our government, burden the system, and then leave. Take the word illegal out of the conversation and I agree with "Give us your poor...." Leave that word illegal in and we have a failing economy and a lack of respect for our laws, the laws of the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        Wow, this thread is going off the deep end. Frankiarmz sounds like he's about to lose it and turn into the next unabomber or something! So far its been pretty entertaining.
        Don't lose your nerve now, it's just getting interesting. Let's see who believes in the laws of the land and who is willing to turn the other way to keep the cheap slave labor? I'm not about to lose it but I wonder if the same can be said for the Americans who are unemployed because some illegals were willing to work dirt cheap? Does this happen or is it my imagination? Oh, that's right, work hard and you keep your job, money has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Man you guys have gone way off-topic.

My thoughts are every illegal alien should be deported today. Then tomorrow we need to start a program where guest workers are allowed to come in under limited restrictions and only if they are sponsored by a business which will be legally responsible for not just their pay check but their social needs as well. Finally, on the day after tomorrow we need to repeal the portion of the Fourteenth Amendment making you a citizen for being born here.

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-09-2008, 04:23 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Franki, I know neither McCain nor Obama are as hard on illegals as you would like. But honestly if this issue is your number one concern you are better off voting for McCain/Palin as they tend to have stricter views on immigration than Obama/Biden. Obama in particular is way too liberal with illegals to be a good match for you.

Comment

Franki, I know neither McCain nor Obama are as hard on illegals as you would like. But honestly if this issue is your number one concern you are better off voting for McCain/Palin as they tend to have stricter views on immigration than Obama/Biden. Obama in particular is way too liberal with illegals to be a good match for you.
              Illegals are not my main concern, I wouldn't care if there were so many piled up on the streets that I had to climb over them. My main concerns right now are paying for greed of big oil, their record profits and the people who are investing in oil futures and adding to the skyrocketing costs. You see like many people on a fixed income, working or retired, I had not planned for these sudden double digit increases in gasoline, heating fuel, food and other essentials. I thought I was pretty clear on this the other night? I'm glad most of you guys are able to pay $4.00 for a gallon of gasoline, heating fuel and all those other items that have shot up in cost and not be concerned, not look to our legislators to step in and plug the many leaks bleeding out our great country. I seriously don't think either candidate will do good, will keep their campaign promises. Just look to the past as both parties ruled the congress and held the Presidency and look where we are now. I don't like it, McCain and Obama are two politicians, one with very little experience making all sorts of claims about change and the other part of the system for many years and now claiming to make change, why did he wait until now? I enjoy the exchanges here,it's a nice distraction from other problems but I have to search the Internet a little now and rethink this whole woodburning stove decision. The tree services used to give away the wood they removed rather than pay to dispose of it but now that's all changed. Supply and demand, no free rides? I'm paying full tuition for my daughter in college, too bad she is not an illegal!
              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-09-2008, 04:35 PM.

Comment

The earth is slowly running out of oil, that is reality.

Its not expensive yet (relatively), the rest of the world pays much more for gasoline and heating oil than we do. Europeans have for example been paying a ridiculous amount for years. They have adapted by conserving energy in many differnt areas. Americans need to do the same.
                Last edited by Service Guy; 09-09-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Before Obama, Illinois averaged around 900 murders per year.
                  During Obama, Illinois has averaged 780 murders per year.

In 2007, between 16,000 and 24,000 coalition forces and Iraqis were killed in the war.

Sources:
                  U.S. Department of Justice Statistics
                  http://bjsdata.ojp.usdoj.gov/dataonl...ystatelist.cfm
                  ABC news/Associated Press
                  http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...in-review.html

Here's what's wrong with those statistics:

I said Chicago, not the entire state of Illinois.

120 less murders isn't exactly a great improvement, and you left out my context of "wasted" lives.

Thirdly, moving from "US TROOPS" to "Coalition Forces" is now a stretch considering the left makes a solid point of giving head counts for the US troops that were killed.

So when you take my statement and stretch it into another category, and I come back and reclarify words I don't even have to repeat,

I stand by my statement solid. Apparently Chicago, not the entire state has a lot of problems that its former leader doesn't want to address, just wants to fix everywhere else.

This glides back to accountability of what you say and do rings true where you call home.

I would expect more, the United States would expect more of a candidate working on such a format that his hometown has less than desirable statistics showing improvements.

He needs to fix his hometown problems before he goes trying to get everyone to believe he can fix anyone elses.

Let's see Obama do a speech in Chicago, backdrop to urban housing developments with 93% predominantly black neighborhood.

Won't happen.

Streets of Iraq are safer; the people with the guns are soldiers with a purpose, not with the desire to rule the streets and buy drugs.

The democrats have to win this election to maintain any credibility to their statements of how bad everything is, every 4 years to finally bring sustenance to those very statements.
                  Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Numbers of homicides in Chicago per year

2000:628
                    2001:666
                    2002:647
                    2003:598
                    -Obama elected Senator in 2004
                    2004:448
                    2005:449
                    2006:452

Source:
                    http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...ime-in-Chicago

Comment

Source:
                      You can't really believe that a Jr. Senator can actually have any effect on murders do you? Come on now.

Comment

Source:
                        I'm not sure you helped your argument. You're basically saying the murder rate was higher in Chicago while Obama was in the State Senate but once he left (went on to national level) things got better.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                          You can't really believe that a Jr. Senator can actually have any effect on murders do you? Come on now.

Yes...the messiah is coming
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

You guys (Republicans) are starting to get me. Even though I don't particularly like Palin at all, I am starting to like McCain more and more. While the liberals are getting on my nerves more and more lately, meanwhile the conservatives are making sense to me lately. Ahhh, the joys (and pains) of being a moderate swing-voter.
                            I suspect this is going to be an extremely close race, maybe their will be a recount like in 2000!

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                              to any and all, please excuse my slow typing, i have a neuromuscular impairment that makes typing slow and trying. i apologize for this and thank you for putting up with me, whatever your political opinion.
                              Though I completely disagree with your political views, I had to comment.

My wife has MS, just diagnosed last year right before we married.

If this is what you have, my heart goes out to you.

Comment

You guys (Republicans) are starting to get me. Even though I don't particularly like Palin at all, I am starting to like McCain more and more. While the liberals are getting on my nerves more and more lately, meanwhile the conservatives are making sense to me lately. Ahhh, the joys (and pains) of being a moderate swing-voter.
                                I suspect this is going to be an extremely close race, maybe their will be a recount like in 2000!
                                You'd better hurry and decide before we close and lock the door.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X