X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She said...i guess so....

Just kidding! She said yes for sure. Next week we are going to her parents house with my Dad and step mom to have a dinner.

I've been crazy busy training for and starting my new job. It will be perfect for going back to school with the hours and down time to study. I started on labor day weekend, the busiest of the year and did very well.

I never did use those leads I had, but I actually got called by a couple of the people on the list looking for me. I passed the leads (of the customers who called me, not the list!) on to a great contractor I know who after the fact offered me a finders fee! That was not my intent, but hey, I'll take it if he is offering.

The ring came back again, finally, and is still not quite perfect, but it is beautiful and 200% better than the first time. I didn't think I would notice the tiny flaws if it hadn't been so effed up the first time so I decided to let it go. Minh is super happy with it.

I have not had time to pay attention to politics for the last month or so and I am a MUCH happier person for it. It is hard to avoid it but I need a break.

I finished my Dads kitchen and it looks fantastic. I'll post picks of the whole process after they pick out the hardware and I install it.

That's it. This seems more like a personal blog than a post, but I started all of this stuff a couple months ago and just wanted to tie it up.

Eli
    Last edited by woodenstickers; 09-05-2008, 01:43 PM. Reason: clarity
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: She said...i guess so....

Congratulations.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Congrats, and best of luck along with effort. I think we need to work at marriage and not just leave it to luck. You haven't missed anything with politics, both sides lying out of both sides of their mouths. We have been promised everything so there's nothing to worry about. Both McCain and Obama will resolve our problems with the economy, energy, oh and don't worry about the trade deficit anymore that's all taken care of.

Comment

Congratulations! So can we expect Mrs. Woodenstickers on here in a few months.

Comment

congradulaitons
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

So are you going to have a Star Wars theme wedding or Ridgid theme?
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

So are you going to have a Star Wars theme wedding or Ridgid theme?
              Why not both? Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations!!! That's such good news. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure Minh is very happy with her ring. The ring is nothing, really. It's the man that offers the ring that's important! Good luck with the wedding planning and all that nonsense. It'll get crazy and scary and sometimes stupid. Wedding planning does that to a person. Try and let those little stupid parts pass and see beyond to the life you're building together. Most of all, make sure there's LOTS of pictures at the wedding.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Congrats to the two of you.....
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

congrats pal-o-mine.
                    Last edited by Masterplumb; 09-05-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Congrats Eli,

Time and place for the bachelor party? I'm there

<<<<<<<<<<-----------that's me after a few glasses of wine

Comment

Congratulations Eli, just passed my first anniversary..I remember telling the forum when I was off to the big day as well.

Comment

Eli,

Congratulations on your engagement. I wish you happiness in your marriage through the easy and the tough times; and that you have more easy than tough times.

Also, congratulations on completing your training and starting your new job.

I can't wait to see pictures of the kitchen.

Charles

Comment

Congratulations. The wedding will be beautiful, but the marriage will be better!!

Comment

Okay Eli, it's time for some friendly advice on how to be the king of your castle! Women like a take charge man, all that equal rights stuff is a myth. Let her know it's your way or the highway, you wear the pants. You're the commander of the ship and she's just one of the deck hands. Once you lay down the law there will be no confusion or fighting. I don't personally know any married man who has attempted this technique and lived to tell about it but it sounds like it should work.

Comment

Working...
                              X