X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at knives

Last edited by Tyman; 02-22-2010, 08:31 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Looking at knives

"wet work", reminds me of the showtime television series "DEXTER." Great show if you can stomach it.

Last edited by Service Guy; 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Wow, beautiful knife but you got some rich taste! Smokey Mountain Knife Works, $25 or cheaper. Buddy gave me a great EDC old Coleman tactical, black tanto blade, double thumb studs. If you think the world of knives is crazy you should check out tactical flashlights, LED's on candlepower Forums.com. The crazies there live for their flashlights and exotic batteries, there is also a knife forum there. I've carried strong folders for over thirty years, cut plenty of rope and fended off a few tough guys and their dogs! Do you sharpen, what kind of device do you use? I have an old Lansky system, works real well.

Comment

I used to wear Spiders back in the nineties.I was too much of a spaz losing too many good expensive knives.Now,like my sunglasses,I buy whatever fits that is on sale at my local big chain sporting goods store.

3-1/2" blade,yet thin enough profile to hang from the pocket yet let me get my keys out without losing the knife.

Comment

I have that Streamlight and it's good but that was over a year ago and the advancements made are amazing. I have to watch my spending and find it easy to get carried away with all the things we talked about including tools. The reasonable thing to do is buy a couple good quality items wheter they're knives, flashlights, etc. but when I see new technology, features and styling it's very tempting. Sounds like you go for quality and that's smart, styles change but qualtiy holds up over time.

Comment

When I first joined the military I was into knives big time. I've amassed a collection of military knive from ghurikas to gerber elite. Since then, the only knife I carry is a boxcutter pocketknife with a lennox gold blade. The most useful knife you'll ever carry is the one you don't realize is in your pocket. As far as wet work is concerned; the ones who talk about it the most are the ones who never did it.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              "wet work", reminds me of the showtime television series "DEXTER." Great show if you can stomach it.

just picked up season two

Comment

If Dexter is anything like Kill Bill I can't stomach it.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

no, but it is hell cat sick!

Comment

People that have done wet work don't speak of it.

I use a candle for light and broken flint to cut things.

J.C.

Comment

JC, if you were really cheap you wouldn't use the candle. Electricity is going to be much cheaper. :P

Comment

Somebody gave me the candle.

J.C.

Comment

Had to look up "wet work", neat little term for something so horrible and final.

Comment

Lore has it that the term wet work first came out of the KGB to describe what their assassins did. Then our CIA picked up the term. Before long it made its way into mainstream lingo. Look at the old Clint Eastwood film, "The Eiger Sanction" and the term wet work is used throughout. Young Christopher in the Sopranos was always asking Tony for a chance to do wet work for him. And Christopher was exemplary at doing wet work that was not family approved!
                            Jim Don

Comment

The Eiger Sanction! Haven't seen that one in a long time. One of Eastwoods lesser knowns. The meeting he has with the head guy at the beginning is a little weird but I liked the film. Might have to rent that one soon.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X