X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Road Truckers

History channel has been running re-runs all day.Anyone watching.Seeing the different personalities and how or who gets the job DONE through the adversities is kindof interesting.

Re: Ice Road Truckers

One of my favorite shows. That and Deadliest Catch.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I agree Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch could be on a continuous loop and I would be happy.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I also like axemen, dirtiest jobs , its tougher in alaska and wrecked on speed channel, all ther erality tv centered around bluecollar work is tops in my book

Comment

I forgot about Axemen. Put that one on my list too.
          When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I'm with you guys Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers and Axemen. Gotta say the first two intrigue me a little more, the thought of being out on those rough waters freezing cold and miles from anything makes most of our jobs seem like knitting pot holders! Can you imagine driving a big rig on the ice for those distances with the risk of just breaking through and sinking? Those are serious jobs and tough men, real tough men.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              I also like axemen, dirtiest jobs , its tougher in alaska and wrecked on speed channel, all ther erality tv centered around bluecollar work is tops in my book
              I like dirty jobs a lot. I liked the first season of ice road truckers; not so much the second season. There is a limit to the amount of "Ive got to drive here and not get lost or fall through the ice." and "Rick Yemm is a whiner, sometimes with good reason other times not." that I want to watch. I understand the job is hard, but just because it is a hard job doesn't make it always interesting to watch. Dirty Jobs has a lot more variety.

Comment

Ditto, from a man with many words....
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

i like all the shows listed here

and my daytime soaps
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

My nieces and nephews came over and watched a show about rocks.

I stood up, asked if they had been doing drugs in school, not drinking milk, smoking cigarettes and looking directly at the sun.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Those shows are all fun to watch, but I wonder some times if they are hamming it up for the camera. Some of the things they do with all the years they are supposed to have at their trade just don't seem right.

Axemen: Sets up a high line but didn't check that it was securely anchored so after running a few logs down the mountainside it breaks loose causing them to lose 2 hours to re-string the line. That seems like a rookie mistake.

That's just one, I've seen many others. The funniest Dirty Jobs was when Mike visited that hog farm outside Vegas and he was dishing out the slop to the pigs. When he hit the brakes in that truck and all that clop came rushing toward the front and spilled over the cab I cracked up.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X