Woussko's Big Long Howl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woussko's Big Long Howl

Woussko is my big mouth howling basset hound here. Anyway if he ever hears the song by Sugarland called "All I Want To Do" when the girl does her sort of howling thing he really takes off howling his head off. Let this be a warning to all dog owners. Watch what your dog(s) hear as it does effect them.

Re: Woussko's Big Long Howl

I can't watch sugarland anymore since I saw the video with the girl crying. Those tears can't be faked, she really went through something.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

http://www.sugarlandmusic.com/

My dog just kinda looked at me like she was saying "why the hell are you listening to country?"

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        http://www.sugarlandmusic.com/

My dog just kinda looked at me like she was saying "why the hell are you listening to country?"
        Cause its the best music out there today, that's why.

The rest is cr*p.

Now if you wanna go back in time a few years we can come up with some good music from other genre.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

The rest is cr*p.

Now if you wanna go back in time a few years we can come up with some good music from other genre.
          Hey I only debate politics I am not a big country music fan, but I agree it is alot better then most of the cr@p out there today.

Comment

Country's really gone downhill. They worthwhile songs are far and few in between. Sounds like pop music with a country accent. Give me Dolly, Merle, Johnny any day of the week. That was real country music.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here's some good meds for today's so called country music.

The first is a version that I like and the second is the old original by the original singer. Do any of you remember these names?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-WYMK5tt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtJz_Wm-gG0

NOTE: None of these are my postings on YouTube. I just found them on there.
              Last edited by Woussko; 09-07-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

We spent Saturday night listening to Mike Seeger playing guitar, banjo, and fiddle melodies. If you're not familiar with Mike Seeger, I suggest you check him out. He plays old folk tunes the way they used to be played.

Mike and I did the sound for him in our little Episcopal church hall. It was a tremendous show! Our town does a series called "Roots of American Music" and he was just one of the talents that has brought our understanding of music further. The Roots shows are some of the finest live music experiences I've ever had. Not only do you hear the music, but the performers will explain the history of the instruments and the sound. I'll try to remember to post here about upcoming shows if anyone in the area is interested. They're not expensive (a $20 donation is recommended). We use the funds to pay the church for the venue and to help pay the performers. Mike and I donate our time to setup and run the sound system. The performances, while in a church venue, are non-secular. We sometimes bring a bottle of wine to share, even.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Sandy

Please do post. Maybe that's something that would go under "News and Events" better than here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

The rest is cr*p.

"Only two things in life that make it worth liv'in, is guitars a tuned good and firm feel'in women". Luckenbach Texas by Waylon, now those lyrics speak the truth. I have other likes in music but Country can't be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko
                      For the people wanting to hear a nice young lady sing voice maybe this will be to your liking.
                      Sounds like Joan Baez?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko
                        As others here have said, far too much of today's music really is just (*&^%$@!%*)_(&$@ and more noise.
                        Do you ever have those moments when you realize you're turning into your grandfather?
                        Just wondering, how many miles did you have to walk to school as a kid?
                        And was it uphill both ways?
                        Speaking of new country, have you guys heard Hank Williams III ? His first country album was marginal, but starting with "Lovesick, Broke & Driftin" he's really putting out some good stuff. And he's not just a Bocephus clone, either, it's pretty original.

Comment

Working...
                        X