• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was he thinking???

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...037/728/593210

Comment

so McCain said the same thing, but its ok for McCain to say it, but they cry when Obama says it. does this seem logical? i would love for one McCain supporter to admit they are accusing the other party of the same things they are doing. this is why most Americans hate politics. and me included!

Comment

but i was just thinking, hmmmmmm if you put lipstick on a pig, is it still a pig? yes it is! so Obama stated a fact! nothing wrong with that! wish more politicians would state facts. but the truth is we would rather have soundbites than facts. we would rather have something to prove our point than have the truth. but some would ratherdiscuss soundbites than real issues. if McCain is for change, what is he goiung to change? he loves the bush war. he loves the bush tax cuts for the richest Americans. i am in the group that would get a decrease under Obama. working class middle class. McCain has no change that he has stated.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
          so McCain said the same thing, but its ok for McCain to say it, but they cry when Obama says it. does this seem logical? i would love for one McCain supporter to admit they are accusing the other party of the same things they are doing. this is why most Americans hate politics. and me included!

Talk about a weak comparison but I guess when that's all you've got you got to play it.

Mark

BTW: If you frequent the daily KOS you understand they have no credibility except to the way far left. Hopefully a Google search brought you to them and it's not one of your regulars.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

To Utah Now

I would not try to make fun of you for your views, but you do what you think is right. McCains former press secretary wrote a book titled " Lipstick on a pig."

Comment

sorry for not putting a link.
              http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/s...ke-book-title/

Comment

Levon, don't get all worked up it's just talk. These guys who are saying they support McCain and think Bush was a great President are not serious. No one is that stupid, especially considering the mess we are in! Problem is that Obama won't change anything either. We either get a new President who is very inexperienced or one who has years of supporting the current President, you call that a choice? You guys have fun, I'm gonna watch the Comedy channel and figure out how to heat my house this winter. Too bad it doesn't run on bulls..t, I could just leave it tuned to FOX NEWs, MSNBC or any of the other fair and balanced channels.

Comment

To Utah Now

I would not try to make fun of you for your views, but you do what you think is right. McCains former press secretary wrote a book titled " Lipstick on a pig."
                  Don't worry about me as I don't take any of it personal.

I will concede Obama did not mean Palin if you will admit it would be stupid of him not to realize the comparison. When lipstick and animal terms have been used on a regular basis for years they become different when two weeks ago the threat to the Obama dreams talks about herself a pit bull and lipstick. If you don't see it we will have to agree to disagree.

The funny thing is Obama is spending his time now defending his remarks while McCain is ignoring them and talking issues. Again it was a poor chess move by Obama to bring it up this morning.

Mark

Comment

Palin is not a threat to Obama. McCain is the threat to Obama.

Comment

i will admit , i think whoever wins will not solve our problems. that is more than a lot of people will admit.

Comment

Palin is not a threat to Obama. McCain is the threat to Obama.
                        Again we will have to agree to disagree. Since Palin was announced Obama has gone negative and mostly against Palin. There must be a reason for that. The negative stuff shows Obama is worried but it makes him look un-Presidential at the same time.

Obama is very fluid and is changing things as he goes which is upsetting some of his supporters.

He has gone from troop removal the day he takes office to saying he will have to talk to those in charge on the ground.

He said he would limit his funding to public funding until he saw how much money he was raising.

He said he would tax Social Security until some told him that was a tax increase on the poor and middle class.

He said he would not participate in opposition research until he sent 30 Lawyers to Alaska to dig up dirt on Palin. If she's not a threat why go after her?

He is very good at explaining away the changes and I understand why he is doing it but many people feel he should stick to his promises.

Mark

Comment

Mark, i agree with you on at least one of those points, but i heard on limbaugh and hannity the charges about the smear merchants going to Alaska. i will not repeat this as i have no proof. the left wing media and the right wing media have their talking points. i notice each day that limbaugh and hannity say the exact same thing, i know its not circumstance. they both are smart enogh to come up with different things to put Obama down with, but use the same exact words.

Comment

Mark, the charges about the smear merchants going to Alaska. i will not repeat this as i have no proof.
                            Fair enough I actually saw it on the PUMA site which they may have an opposition to Obama (really the DNC) still.

Mark

Comment

Had a conversation today with a customer.

He's young, very impressionable, and...very liberal.

He's siding towards Obama, his argument is that Obama is more focused on the environment and the lower class working people of America, unlike McCains republican stance to feed the rich and starve the poor.

I told him that all we have to go on is Obama's campaign promises, he has no track record, no real experience...he's just passionately spewing promises of change with no real substance.

I agreed that was a fantastic thing, the promises really seem ...promising.
                              I then asked him if he could list one thing, just one, that Obama has actually accomplished in his career.

He couldn't name a thing.

I asked him why he was voting for Obama, he stopped for a second then answered "because I like what he has to say".
                              Last edited by DuckButter; 09-10-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Obama hasn't accomplished much of anything and we are just tripping over the great things Bush and McCain have done as politicians. They just keep adding on to the bums we are supporting, illegals, crooked business leaders, bailouts, gets better everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X