Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was he thinking???

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    Now, Obama's camp is saying McCain said it first! He did make an original comment a while back about putting lipstick on a pig as an analogy, but it was not in reference to a person, rather an issue.

He stuck his foot in his mouth. Instead of denying it, he should say he was wrong apologize and move forward. The more he denies it, the more they keep playing the footage
    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Boy now he is trying to explain it away and he is only making it worst. Had he said I'm sorry if my statement was taken out of context this thing may have died. The fact that he is now doing a counter attack on McCain will make this thing live a little longer. Since Palin was announced she has owned this campaign and Obama better turn it around before it is too late. He needs to talk issues and ignore Palin as he is only feeding her popularity.

Mark
    Copycat
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Copycat
      Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

I didn't realize just how smart you were until now. Run for an office and I'll vote for you.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
        im just thinking aloud, why would he say that about Palin???????? Maybe he was talking about McCain and he was teasing Mc Cain with his own words " if you put lipstick on a pig its still a pig . i think he was talking about hillary when he said this, but democrats didnt seem to cry over it.
        The lipstick comment was definitely about Governer Palin. He said this about McCain "You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

The man is a Columbia and Harvard graduate, he is no dummy, he knew what the outcome was gonna be.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
          Palin is not a threat to Obama. McCain is the threat to Obama.
          Palin is a threat to Obama and the whole Liberal agenda. You just don't see it. Here you have the most powerful woman in politics and she plays for the "other" side....The Republicans, furthermore she is pro-life, and is pro second ammendment. It's funny how an organization that is supposed to be for the advancement of womans rights is not for this woman because she doesnt support their agenda? That is not supporting womans rights. Anyhow if Obama wasn't worried about Palin he wouldn't have his campaign in Wasilla, Alaska trying to find something, anything on this woman. Yes Levon Obama and the liberals do see Palin as a threat.

And in case you haven't noticed certain crybabies here keep whining about the same b.s. everyday trying to put others down that don't agree with him. Dont worry you will become immune to it after a little while.

Comment

Levon, relax there is no way America will elect a woman as vice President. Much as Obama does not have much of any experience he is a man and biden could step in as President if necessary. I believe most Americans realize Palin has no place serving as President which could happen. I do think if she does get elected and all goes well with McCain, the confidence built during that term would change people's minds. Right now I don't see it that's why there is all this distraction with the lipstick and pigs comment. The greater problem is how others perceive Palin, scum like putin and that cheap suit from iran don't think much of women. Yesterday Huckabee said the lipstick comment was a non issue, today Bill OReilly said the comment was innocent and yet the jerks who don't want to address the real issues keep hiding behind this farce. Trust me they are harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              No way...Stickers???
              You did not just say this.

Innuendoes are what it's all about.I would be an fool to not see. lipstick=female,then reference pig.
              Whether or not you are blindly in love doesn't bother me.But This is so obvious it pisses me off.

I'm dissapointed
              I am blindly in love though, she's a hell of a gal.

Okay. He called Palin a pig. Why? Cause he's a mean guy? Because he is stupid? Because he hates women? He just couldn't control his temper? Tell you what....I think that republicans are so racist they are calling Obama misogynistic to associate him with Gangsta Rap! Yeah! That's it! And even if it isn't it they should have known people are dim enough to assume that's what they mean. I mean, if the connection can be made in any ridiculous way than they shouldn't have said it.

All this invented drama is fun. Reminds me of the girls I knew in high school. "Oh no he din't! He called her a pig!"(and no, the high school girl part wasn't a swipe at Palin---or was it?!?!?)

These are the very cream of the crop we can chose from in this country for leaders?

Eli
              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Again we will have to agree to disagree. Since Palin was announced Obama has gone negative and mostly against Palin. There must be a reason for that. The negative stuff shows Obama is worried but it makes him look un-Presidential at the same time.

Obama is very fluid and is changing things as he goes which is upsetting some of his supporters.

He has gone from troop removal the day he takes office to saying he will have to talk to those in charge on the ground.

He said he would limit his funding to public funding until he saw how much money he was raising.

He said he would tax Social Security until some told him that was a tax increase on the poor and middle class.

He said he would not participate in opposition research until he sent 30 Lawyers to Alaska to dig up dirt on Palin. If she's not a threat why go after her?

He is very good at explaining away the changes and I understand why he is doing it but many people feel he should stick to his promises.

Mark
                Honest talk here, Mark. I like Obama slightly better because he is telling lies for people like me. You like McCain/Palin better because they are pretending to be for people with your values/political leanings. I don't think any of those three will do even a half decent job in office. I don't give a crap about it enough anymore to find out about Biden, but the other three are shoved down my throat everywhere, even in my safe haven of a tool forum.

Obama has a lot of HUGE flaws. Why pretend that the noteworthy one is he made a poor choice of BS folksy wisdom (a trend in politics that is nauseating anyway) and can be slammed for it? Or even that he has, wisely in a political sense, decided to fight fire with fire and start bringing up background of his opponents? He would be an idiot not to when the entire internets, even my lovely tool forum, still has people pushing the "he's a secret muslim" campaign.

You are right about everything you say about him. It's a big "so what?" though when compared to secret real estate deals, socialized medicine plans to be run by a corrupt government that can't even balance their own budget, and other real issues that you and I don't agree on but are very valid for you to address. Why, then, feed this garbage? This is what i was mad about a month or two ago, but now I am really just curious. It dumbs down the process IMO. Maybe you see it differently. But how do you see it? Is it a contest to see who can go the longest with the cleanest sound bytes? Is that what we want for this country?

Sincerely man.

Eli
                Last edited by woodenstickers; 09-10-2008, 10:49 PM.

Comment

She's the one....No, not her

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...r-pick-for-vp/

Comment

Don't worry about me as I don't take any of it personal.

I will concede Obama did not mean Palin if you will admit it would be stupid of him not to realize the comparison. When lipstick and animal terms have been used on a regular basis for years they become different when two weeks ago the threat to the Obama dreams talks about herself a pit bull and lipstick. If you don't see it we will have to agree to disagree.

The funny thing is Obama is spending his time now defending his remarks while McCain is ignoring them and talking issues. Again it was a poor chess move by Obama to bring it up this morning.

Mark
                    I'm getting entangled here again, but you have said in a few posts that McCain is ignoring it. His campaign isn't. There has been a commercial running that absolutely takes his quote out of context, intended innuendo or not, and runs it in an outright deceitful manor that is approved by McCain. So give up on the idea that he is being the bigger man. He isn't.

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                      I'm getting entangled here again, but you have said in a few posts that McCain is ignoring it. His campaign isn't. There has been a commercial running that absolutely takes his quote out of context, intended innuendo or not, and runs it in an outright deceitful manor that is approved by McCain. So give up on the idea that he is being the bigger man. He isn't.

Eli
                      How about B.H.O saying leave family out of it, but the campaign kept reporting that her son was really the daughters and it was a cover up, and then it was the daughter was 5 months pregnant. BHO only wants to stick to the facts when it will help him.

We can state the facts about who stands for what Eli and yes the campaign should be about facts but we already know their positions ( until they change) but this is what it has come to and I blame the liberal media. they started this game and now all of a sudden it's unfair because their guy is on the opposite side of the fence.

Comment

Eli
                        I never said his campaign was staying out of it I said today McCain is talking issues and Obama is trying to explain away his comments. That is not an enviable place for Obama to find himself.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                          How about B.H.O saying leave family out of it, but the campaign kept reporting that her son was really the daughters and it was a cover up, and then it was the daughter was 5 months pregnant. BHO only wants to stick to the facts when it will help him.

We can state the facts about who stands for what Eli and yes the campaign should be about facts but we already know their positions ( until they change) but this is what it has come to and I blame the liberal media. they started this game and now all of a sudden it's unfair because their guy is on the opposite side of the fence.
                          So it has always been right? Or now it is right? Which is it? Because you are knee deep in it. So either go back and apologize for every time you complained about the liberal media slander in the past, or cut it out. Or be a hypocrite. The day I get on here and talk about who has a pregnant daughter or claim that a politician is a secret bigot/sexist because they use a stupid folksy saying, OR pretend to be offended by something that is clearly a phony controversy I'll go back to this thread and admit I am full of it. That's a promise.

It's BS when Obama insinuated McCain was a racist. It's BS when Hillary claimed Obama, the repubs and whoever else was sexist. It is BS to say Obama was trying to degrade Palin. In fact, the only incident this whole campaign that I think had any merit in this regard was when Bill Clinton made the Jesse Jackson remark. And I liked Bill.

So if you really don't like what the liberal media has done to your political system quit trying to put that fire out with kerosene, it makes you seem less than truthful in that conviction. JMO

Eli

Imagine if Obama had said the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull is lipstick....

Comment

I never said his campaign was staying out of it I said today McCain is talking issues and Obama is trying to explain away his comments. That is not an enviable place for Obama to find himself.

Mark
                            My bad. That is true. More color commentary play by play style than judgment on it.

Eli

Comment

So it has always been right? Or now it is right? Which is it? Because you are knee deep in it. So either go back and apologize for every time you complained about the liberal media slander in the past, or cut it out. Or be a hypocrite. The day I get on here and talk about who has a pregnant daughter or claim that a politician is a secret bigot/sexist because they use a stupid folksy saying, OR pretend to be offended by something that is clearly a phony controversy I'll go back to this thread and admit I am full of it. That's a promise.

It's BS when Obama insinuated McCain was a racist. It's BS when Hillary claimed Obama, the repubs and whoever else was sexist. It is BS to say Obama was trying to degrade Palin. In fact, the only incident this whole campaign that I think had any merit in this regard was when Bill Clinton made the Jesse Jackson remark. And I liked Bill.

So if you really don't like what the liberal media has done to your political system quit trying to put that fire out with kerosene, it makes you seem less than truthful in that conviction. JMO

Eli

Imagine if Obama had said the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull is lipstick....
                              Um, Eli did I complain about them talking about the child thing? Show me where I did. Can you show me where I complained about the lipstick comment? Go read post #8. I think you better go re-read it before you put spin my comments. I didn't complain on either side pal. It is what this campaign has come to. "Less then truthful in that conviction". Funny, if you think that I really put my "convictions" on this BB you must have a few screws loose. I enjoy talking politics here, but if you think that this is my life and these are my .....eh hem....."Convictions" you need help.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                                The lipstick comment was definitely about Governer Palin. He said this about McCain "You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

The man is a Columbia and Harvard graduate, he is no dummy, he knew what the outcome was gonna be.
                                I read number 8, then I read this one. And I have read a lot of your posts. It's a game to you, I realize this. You think you are better at it than I do, that's all. No hard feelings. I guess when you are talking about the liberals who are all hurt over this mudslinging, but sling mud themselves you are speaking in general terms. I don't hang out with those people, or see them post here.

I don't hate the player or the game, I hate the fans.

Eli

Comment

Working...
                                X