This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was he thinking???

Eli, please choose your words carefully. Remember if you are not a conservative you are very close if not already unAmerican. Generally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
      My bad. That is true. More color commentary play by play style than judgment on it.

Eli

Turn on David Letterman and watch Obama talk his way through this, again.

Here's a link that has the Democratic operatives scared of what he's doing.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13357.html

Now, his VP is stating for the record that Hillary would of been a better choice

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...hillary-a.html
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        Um, Eli did I complain about them talking about the child thing? Show me where I did. Can you show me where I complained about the lipstick comment? Go read post #8. I think you better go re-read it before you put spin my comments. I didn't complain on either side pal. It is what this campaign has come to. "Less then truthful in that conviction". Funny, if you think that I really put my "convictions" on this BB you must have a few screws loose. I enjoy talking politics here, but if you think that this is my life and these are my .....eh hem....."Convictions" you need help.
        Ay yi yi. Talk about spin. I said "that conviction" not "your convictions" I am never going to get into another language lesson with you, sir. But you are not reading correctly if you think I was implying this is your life, or you are all wrapped up in your posts etc. Whatever. I am commenting on what you type. Period. You put it up here for judgment and have no problem judging what others put up here. Don't get all hurt about me not knowing what a deep guy you are off of this board. I'm sure you are. I like you in a lot of ways and have no doubt you are a good and honorable person in real life. This is routine between us is getting old and boring though. (and that was not a jab at McCain)

Eli
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I read number 8, then I read this one. And I have read a lot of your posts. It's a game to you, I realize this. You think you are better at it than I do, that's all. No hard feelings. I guess when you are talking about the liberals who are all hurt over this mudslinging, but sling mud themselves you are speaking in general terms. I don't hang out with those people, or see them post here.

I don't hate the player or the game, I hate the fans.

Eli
          So show me where I complained about it? I dont try to be better at anything then you. I don't try to outdo you or anyone here. Maybe thats your game playa. No hard feelings bud.

Comment

Ay yi yi. Talk about spin. I said "that conviction" not "your convictions" I am never going to get into another language lesson with you, sir. But you are not reading correctly if you think I was implying this is your life, or you are all wrapped up in your posts etc. Whatever. I am commenting on what you type. Period. You put it up here for judgment and have no problem judging what others put up here. Don't get all hurt about me not knowing what a deep guy you are off of this board. I'm sure you are. I like you in a lot of ways and have no doubt you are a good and honorable person in real life. This is routine between us is getting old and boring though. (and that was not a jab at McCain)

Eli
            Funny. You sure you are not working on that degree in twistology? Your condescending remarks are amusing.

Comment

Its this simple, you can't find any of Obama"s FRIENDS to say he's a great guy.
              His friends(not political ally's) are no where to be found.

My BEST friend(other than my wife) and I are political opposites. I would defend him till the end, and he would do the same for me. I'd bet my life on it.
              As far as I can see Obama has no such friends.
              I want our President to be THAT honorable.
              Mike

Comment

I'm watching OBama on Letterman and he does make the republicans sound stupid for assuming his lipstick pig comment was aimed at Palin. Is this what republicans think of her? Obama pointed out how if Palin agrees with McCain about Bush's policies then they offer no change at all. Personally I don't want more of the Bush past. I aslo don't want a shaky Obama future. That leaves me at a loss.

Comment

....and so the spin continues...

Sorry but both sides play games and after hearing both the lipstick and the fish analogy in the last 24-hours I think Obama needs to stay away from idioms.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Sorry but both sides play games and after hearing both the lipstick and the fish analogy in the last 24-hours I think Obama needs to stay away from idioms.

Mark
                    I think Palin has got to be more careful with her words. She makes the lipstick on a pitbull comment and republicans think she owns the rights to lipstick and farm animal references. I think at that rate if she keeps talking Obama will run out of all vocabulary thought to be aimed at her. Seriously, her comments did not void Obama from using a common phrase. You may not agree, but that's my opinion.

Comment

Mark
                      I wish they all would. That down home tactic is played out IMO. In other words, that dog won't hunt.

As for the games, if we keep buying into the games and rooting from the sidelines instead of demanding the media and the politicians quit playing us for ratings and fools we will keep getting shafted. At this point I wish there was a pig, a rotten fish wrapped in a newspaper and a lipstick wearing pitbull in the race.

I hope I don't get a visit from the FBI for this, but I'd like to line up all the candidates and knock their heads together three stooges style more than see them in office. Or on TV. Or running a Pop-eye's chicken franchise. I don't even trust them not to eff up the biscuits.

Eli
                      Last edited by woodenstickers; 09-10-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                        Its this simple, you can't find any of Obama"s FRIENDS to say he's a great guy.
                        His friends(not political ally's) are no where to be found.

My BEST friend(other than my wife) and I are political opposites. I would defend him till the end, and he would do the same for me. I'd bet my life on it.
                        As far as I can see Obama has no such friends.
                        I want our President to be THAT honorable.
                        Mike
                        I'd be happy with half that honorable. I don't really know of any politicians friends, but I agree that would be a better way to chose them than what THIS process gives us to go by. I'm not even being facetious.

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I think Palin has got to be more careful with her words. She makes the lipstick on a pitbull comment and republicans think she owns the rights to lipstick and farm animal references. I think at that rate if she keeps talking Obama will run out of all vocabulary thought to be aimed at her. Seriously, her comments did not void Obama from using a common phrase. You may not agree, but that's my opinion.
                          Bottom line who is defending himself today (all-day non-stop) and who is talking issues. My guess is McCain would rather Obama be on the defense than talking issues. Imagine had Obama simply said it was a ridiculous accusation and he wasn't going to comment on it what he may have had time to talk about today.

Mark

Comment

Bottom line who is defending himself today (all-day non-stop) and who is talking issues. My guess is McCain would rather Obama be on the defense than talking issues. Imagine had Obama simply said it was a ridiculous accusation and he wasn't going to comment on it what he may have had time to talk about today.

Mark
                            Funny part about that is instead of it being a bad thing that nothing McCain said today will make the news and will be overshadowed by this non controversy, it becomes a good thing for him. A whole day without scrutiny. Great for the politician, pretty awful for those who entitled to be learning what he is going to do if elected.

I'm done with it.

Eli

Comment

I have hidden two posts as it has been suggested someone is posting someone else's name. If it is true that is just wrong. If it is untrue please contact me and I will unhide the posts.

There are a couple of members here who are getting carried away. I suggest everyone treat each other with respect or we will not be able to discuss this stuff here.

Mark

Comment

Funny part about that is instead of it being a bad thing that nothing McCain said today will make the news and will be overshadowed by this non controversy, it becomes a good thing for him. A whole day without scrutiny. Great for the politician, pretty awful for those who entitled to be learning what he is going to do if elected.

I'm done with it.

Eli
                                Ive heard that before!

Comment

Working...
                                X