X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was he thinking???

"You can put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig" presidential wannabe Barack Hussein Obama remarked about his opposition!! How low class can you get?

Re: What was he thinking???

He'll probably just end up blaming bad speech writers for the comment
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I think hes starting to see his dream go bye bye so he's grasping
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

"It might be love but you're still killin' chickens."

J.C.

Comment

Thats probably about the dumbest thing he could have said regarding Gov. Palin.

Edit:

It was probably dumb to say, but if you see it in more context he was referring to McCain. Another article said he was referencing both; but both said that crowd took it to be a swipe at Palin. Wish I could read the full transcript.

"That's not change," Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said of what Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is offering. "You know, you can put lipstick on a pig," Obama said, "but it's still a pig."
          Last edited by cpw; 09-09-2008, 11:43 PM.

Comment

According to Mike Huckabee he'd give Obama a pass on that comment. He felt it had nothing to do with palin, his words! I'm sure we will hear plenty more from dopes like shaun hannity but I believe Huckabee.

Comment

Here is the YouTube link:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPd4yk0x-eg

I take back what I said completely, to me it has nothing to do with Palin.

Comment

I have used this term many times in my life, especially talking to new homeowners about "upgrades" that it seemed the previous owner had made.

Now on the other hand don't forget Palin's quote at the conventon about "the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull.......LIPSTICK"

Are you still sure it wasn't directed at Palin? He knewwhere he was going with that comment, and so did the crowd.

Comment

I can't be sure what he meant; only he himself knows. Obviously, I don't like the guy and think he is an empty suit, but in this case he did reference John McCain and not Sarah Palin in the sentences before. Anyway, we can all watch the video for ourselves and make up our own mind. In one of the articles it did say that in the 12 days he has been off his "game" in speaking. Sounds like the latest polls are getting under his skin.

Comment

Huckabee's rationalization for saying Obama gets a pass was based on the fact he felt Obama could not be that dumb. Listening to the crowd I am certain he was speaking of Palin. I think Obama is watching his dream slip away and will do whatever he can to stop the slide. What happen to his promise of public funds? It seemed it only worked until he realized how much money he was raising. He keeps changing positions trying to appeal to new groups while putting off his existing supporters. Now McCain's fundraising is hitting new records and Obama is starting to worry a bit. I think Obama would be better off not resorting to attacks and trying to sell himself.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                      "You can put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig" presidential wannabe Barack Hussein Obama remarked about his opposition!! How low class can you get?
                      How do you guys deal with that? Every 4 years I reckon, tons of dollars are spent on elections while in the meanwhile, American economy is doing poor. Sadly enough, it's the same here in Europe, all politicians are a bunch of children, telling each other off, instead of doing so, they should work together and let the people decide, without having to throw away tons of money!

Just my 2 cents

Comment

LOL. You guys are just too much. I am going on record here, anyone who claims it was a swipe at Palin is just as bad as a race baiting Jesse Jackson/Sharpton. Got anything of substance? Sad and sorry times when intelligent folks have to make crap up and feign utter obtuseness in order to bolster what they claim they believe in.

I can't believe I ever tried to discuss issues with some of you guys.

Eli
                        Last edited by woodenstickers; 09-10-2008, 02:52 AM.
                        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Let's assume it was not a swipe at Palin. Are you suggesting Obama is that dumb that he would say it and not realize people might assume he was talking about Palin. It at least seemed like the crowd picked up on the comparison based on the cheers prior to the punchline. For the last two weeks Palin has owned the term "lipstick" in the campaign. It wasn't like the phrase simply flow out of the mouth of the golden tongue orator. He stammered and searched for the words as though he was putting thought in to it and perhaps was unsure of his delivery. With that much thought you would have thought he would have realized what he was saying could be "misinterpreted". Now add that to the fact that Obama has gone negative since the Polls have shifted towards McCain.

It is likely McCain picked up a bounce for the convention while Obama barely did and things will soon revert to the old numbers. However, I believe the negative attacks will hurt Obama in the long run. Recent Polls suggest there has been a 20 point swing towards McCain where women are concerned.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                            LOL. You guys are just too much. I am going on record here, anyone who claims it was a swipe at Palin is just as bad as a race baiting Jesse Jackson/Sharpton. Got anything of substance? Sad and sorry times when intelligent folks have to make crap up and feign utter obtuseness in order to bolster what they claim they believe in.

I can't believe I ever tried to discuss issues with some of you guys.

Eli

No way...Stickers???
                            You did not just say this.

Innuendoes are what it's all about.I would be an fool to not see. lipstick=female,then reference pig.
                            Whether or not you are blindly in love doesn't bother me.But This is so obvious it pisses me off.

I'm dissapointed

Comment

I'm really disappointed too, not that some of you think Obama was trying to insult Palin with the lipstip pig comment, not by the moronic suggestions that Obama is a muslim and terrorist who hates this country, not by all the other personal attacks, but at how the serious issues facing this country are so easily ignored. Call me every name in the book I want affordable gas, heating oil and food! I'm upset at how we are arguing about tax breaks for the rich and businesses while a trillion dollars have been spent in iraq while getting nothing in return. Legislators on both sides doing nothing to anticipate the energy crisis and help us.I won't mention our borders and illegals because too many of you think it's wrong to enforce our laws. PRoblem is when this election is over, the insults will be forgotten and foregiven, but the real problems will still exist. What is more important to you guys, words or deeds, promises or results? Lipstick on pigs? You can drape yourself in an American flag but that does not mean you are a good American!

Comment

Working...
                              X