X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mr. Obama

Coming from a point of view he will probably never understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Dear Mr. Obama

No denying the belief and conviction with which he spoke. I have said before that given the same information I think just about any President would have done the same thing. I am bothered that the USA does not go after other oppressive governments, North Korea, the Sudan, Iran , the latest stunt Russia pulled in Georgia should have gotten them a good beating. I think it was wrong to not go after the taliban in afganastan. Plenty of good men died in Vietnam and that war was protested, why can't Americans oppose the war in iraq without being accused of not supporting the troops ? When did it become unAmerican to protest? I think both can be done, without disrespecting the troops but that young man in the video would disagree with me and I'd have to see his point of view. He was there, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Coming from a point of view he will probably never understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
      It's something most of the left will never understand.

Comment

You are not trying to imply that the protesting of the Vietnam war was done without disrespecting our troops are you? Maybe not by all but there was plenty of disrespectful protesting going on, and some of it very physical too.

I guess all those Vets who were spat on when they came home should be grateful for the treatment they received. That far too many couldn't get decent jobs, or even had their old job waiting for them when they got home. Nobody put their mortgage or other loan interest on hold. The ESGR and USERRA didn't exist in the 60s or early 70s.

It's not un-American to protest, it's one of the first organized things we did as Americans (remember the Revolution? We were protesting in a big way then). But it is disrespectful to to protest in the manner that some people do, taking their anger with their leaders out on those who are only doing what was expected of them by law and honor for Country.

I guess they could have protested and refused to be drafted or ran off to Canada or elsewhere to avoid having to serve. But I know that's not the type of person I want representing me.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          You are not trying to imply that the protesting of the Vietnam war was done without disrespecting our troops are you? Maybe not by all but there was plenty of disrespectful protesting going on, and some of it very physical too.

I guess all those Vets who were spat on when they came home should be grateful for the treatment they received. That far too many couldn't get decent jobs, or even had their old job waiting for them when they got home. Nobody put their mortgage or other loan interest on hold. The ESGR and USERRA didn't exist in the 60s or early 70s.

It's not un-American to protest, it's one of the first organized things we did as Americans (remember the Revolution? We were protesting in a big way then). But it is disrespectful to to protest in the manner that some people do, taking their anger with their leaders out on those who are only doing what was expected of them by law and honor for Country.

I guess they could have protested and refused to be drafted or ran off to Canada or elsewhere to avoid having to serve. But I know that's not the type of person I want representing me.
          I Agree, Vietnam era Vets got a raw deal and thank God most Americans learned from that. I think most would agree that current troops and Vets are spoken of with respect and appreciation for their service and sacrifice. People like shaun hannity spoke of our troops in a respectful way but I felt he twisted opposition to the war with a disrespect for the troops and UnAmerican behavior which is not what our country is about. We stay strong and stay free by speaking up. I agree that there is no excuse for anything but praise for our fighting men and women, furthermore I think I can respectfully disagree with my President without embarassing him in the eyes of foreigners or myself. Some conservatives miss that point and it weakens us to try and gag free speech on that level. Problem in my opinion is the manner in which some people tend to disagree, the name calling and insults aimed at President Bush cross the line. I don't think he has done a good job, if someone disagrees that's their right, but don't try and shut me up or call me un American because it makes you look that way. I was also very disgusted with President Clinton, what a disgrace he was. I've said before I respect McCain the man, but I do not believe he will do or can do what he has promised. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Wow, 3.5 million views...

That message is clearly getting out there to the masses.

Kudos to our soldiers.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Here's the way i look at this whole ordeal, that could have been anyone, dressed in a army green shirt. take deep detail in the pic, notice him as he looks off into the background, he's obviously reading somthing, therefore someone else wrote this, and i assure you, that someone knows or is for mccain. I dont' think the U.S. should look at this video as a downgrade to obama, but a downgrade to mccain. This shows how greedy and low he has to go to gain support. Obama, people listen to him, McCain, no one listens to, nor do they care to listen to. Im on a senior in high school, and im not all that into politics, but this year, i know what im talking bout, i know people, and how poeple do to gain respect. Some use cruel methods (mccain) and other prefer the traditional method, going to the people, talking to them, inspire them (obama). Im only a student, but i still support obama, i can see through mccain.

Comment

Working...
              X