Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last 24 Hours of Drama

Originally posted by garager View Post
    I tried doing just that, but it was turning into politics in a lot of threads that started out as a different topic.
    You're right, politics have completely dominated the "Open Discussion" section, there really was no way to avoid it there.
    So how about a Politics sub-forum buried way at the bottom of "General Topics" just below "Computers / Software / Electronics"?
    Then anyone cruising Open Discussion wouldn't have to see it at all.
    I have no great need to discuss politics on this website, I just have a problem with any topic being banned.
    Especially on a forum as pro-American, pro-freedom as this one.

Comment

I don't like the idea of topics being banned, but this is a privately run site and as such they can and will make rules however they see fit. It is not a 1st amendment issue.

I was going to check out of here completely because I don't have the will power to keep my opinion to myself in these topics. I stopped having fun a while ago.

I'll probably still be around less because I am not working with my hands every day anymore, but I would love it if this turned back in to the refuge it used to be for me.

Eli
      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
        You're right, politics have completely dominated the "Open Discussion" section, there really was no way to avoid it there.
        So how about a Politics sub-forum buried way at the bottom of "General Topics" just below "Computers / Software / Electronics"?
        Then anyone cruising Open Discussion wouldn't have to see it at all.
        I have no great need to discuss politics on this website, I just have a problem with any topic being banned.
        Especially on a forum as pro-American, pro-freedom as this one.
        On another forum, all political posts have to have a special icon (capital dome); and people don't see them by default. If you post a political post in a non-domed discussion it is deleted right away.

Comment

I have to express my disappointment.

I found the topic ugly, but very enlightening, mainly in reference to why people vote the way they do.

There are several members that know my name here, have my number and can access personal info with a little creative searching, I have entrusted them not to.

I spent some time many years ago as a skip-tracer, my job was to hunt people down via little known methods to either apprehend them for legal matters or outstanding debt.

I am very reluctant to post any info that can link me to these forums for the fact that so many discussions become very heated.

There are several members here I will frequently disagree with whom I trust would not stoop to that.

There's also another member who recently proved my point regarding attempted use of "priviledged" info to win an argument.

I don't "hide" from my opinions, I am that way in real life.

I DO hide my personal info, knowing what little info it takes to break into someones credit or personal background is scary.

The idea that someone with a grudge could also take your info, business phone or company name to launch forms of sabotage isn't very appealing either.

In having seen one member run to another forum to "reveal" something about me was enlightening, it gave me pause to question the level of trust I might procure with fellow members.

Comment

Im going to take the high road with the attack on me. All I can tell you is there's more then meets the eye here. There were threats made to me in e-mail correspondance off the Ridgid sight before this all played out here.

Comment

Josh, please tell me where the banned topic button is located. I keep pressing buttons but all Rick does is keep talking. . ..and talking. . . .and talking.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Not Rick....
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

It shows weakness when you are not able to state your opinion and sit silently with confidence in it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    It shows weakness when you are not able to state your opinion and sit silently with confidence in it.

J.C.
                    Ya lost me there....

So if I say ABS is inferior to PVC, then you debate that ABS is better...I should keep quiet and my silence will prove me right?

At the heart of disagreement there is always something to learn.

I'd wager maybe you meant that resorting to personal attack shows a sign of weakness...maybe?

Comment

Everyone, I really wish I didn't have to restrict discussion in any ways. I really hate election years. For those of you who can discuss politics without slinging mud I am truly sorry for restricting you along with those who cant.

Its just how its gonna be for the next few months. I'd rather leave everything wide open but for the good of the forum I think we need to avoid the politics.

Sorry,

Josh

Comment

I don't get into political or religious debates, its a no win situation most of the time. Everyone is right, and everyone is wrong, everyone has a right to their opinion and beliefs. I'd rather talk about plumbing and pick on Plumber Rick from time to time, at least he can take a joke.
                        The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Well I guess it's back to the sectional vs. drum debate. Rick and Steve, man your weapons.....
                          Dare I say Flat-rate ?
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I gotta stay up later. How'd I miss all the rucus? Oh well at least I wasn't in the middle of it for a change I guess.

So who's gonna start a mormon vs catholic thread
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Well I guess it's back to the sectional vs. drum debate. Rick and Steve, man your weapons.....
                              This could be promoted as the completion of the Century. It would make the 1971 fight between Frazier and Ali look like child's play. First we have to get Steve to switch to Flat-Rate and then we could have a triple challenge of:

K-7500 Drum vs. K-60 Sectional

Plumber vs. Drain Cleaner

Flat-Rate vs. Time and Material

Heck if there was enough money in it I might consider pulling a George Foreman and come out of retirement with a K-500. It would be the only machine there which could clean 1.25" through 10" lines.

Mark

BTW: Did I mention this will be a cage match?
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

mark you forgot this

Plumber vs. Drain Cleaner vs. handy homeowner
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X