• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last 24 Hours of Drama

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
    mark you forgot this

Plumber vs. Drain Cleaner vs. handy homeowner

Sorry Hawk, Pros only, no Handy Homeowner in this competition. As this is a cage match it will be a no holds barred competition until a cable snaps (bring emergency food and snacks as Steve tossed the Dura Cable).

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Guys, I'm absolutely horrified...no discussion on DIY vs licensing?

Whats wrong with you people?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        Guys, I'm absolutely horrified...no discussion on DIY vs licensing?

Whats wrong with you people?!?
        Sorry we don't support unlicensed tradesman.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Some explanation of some of the happenings in the political threads from the last 24 hrs.

Frankiarmz had some post deleted in order to remove remnants of his last name that masterplumb posted. There was an unknown rule in the forum that if you have a certain number of posts deleted in a 24 hr period you are automatically banned. I went back this morning and unbanned him. So that was unitentional.

We need to all take a break from politics. Please do not discuss the presidential candidates anymore. We will close the threads right away. Sorry to stop valid discussions but its what we need to do for the time being.

Josh

Josh

As an outsider I don`t give a stuff who wins your presidential election, but freedom of speech is what our counties are built on and what we should be prepared to die for or is this just talk, Josh why don`t you set up a section in open disussion a place called lets say THE ELLECTION or whatever and all who want to go there can go to this one stop and tear each other apart as my parents told me when I was young never to discuss religion and politics as no one wins.

Tony

Comment

They can all go to the chatroom.....
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              Josh

As an outsider I don`t give a stuff who wins your presidential election, but freedom of speech is what our counties are built on and what we should be prepared to die for or is this just talk, Josh why don`t you set up a section in open disussion a place called lets say THE ELLECTION or whatever and all who want to go there can go to this one stop and tear each other apart as my parents told me when I was young never to discuss religion and politics as no one wins.

Tony
              Freedom of speech has nothing at all to do with what happened here. This is more about being civil to one and other than anything else, kinda like sending a misbehaving child to their room when they throw a tantrum. BTW, your parents are very smart people.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Politics and religion, the two subjects that cause normal folks to turn into raving idiots. This place would be much better off if these two subjects were permanently banned and any thread dealing with either should be immediately removed. Just my .02ยข.
                In the last six or so presidential elections, what is the difference?? These subjects have merged into one.

Comment

Threats made to anyone should be taken serious and reported to the police. No one has the right to threaten anyone.

shup

Comment

Sometimes in the heat of battle, things get typed and the submit button gets punched before we take a second to think about what or who we may be insulting. I love a good argument. I can spend hours going round and round. I have had several memorable run in's on this very thread, and have been tossed off a couple of forums also. (let back on though) I recall a particulary nasty exchange with Tinmack a month or so back. But in the end we worked it out. The bad thing is, I've never met the man. Never talked to him on the phone or face to face. I really have no idea what his life is like or for that matter what he is all about. To call someone an idiot or worse, because of their political views is the very same narrow minded conclusion that I am against in the first place. So, If I've pissed any of you off, or hurt your feelings, I am truley sorry.
                    I hope Josh opens the threads again soon and more than that I hope we can discuss, argue and agree to disagree without name calling.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ahh, Tinmack left a very memorable last posting here, it was pretty tough.

I think he called Masterplumb everything but a white boy.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar summed it up pretty well if I say so!

Comment

Instead of trying to dig up dirt about any of the parties, just go to Wikipedia.com and type in John McCain, Bob Barr and Barack Obama and see what they stand for.

Bob Barr? Yes, Bob Barr. There is more than just the Democratic and Republican party. Seems like a lot of people forget about that. I find it really hard to believe that people are either 100% Republican or 100% Democrat. I have talked to many people that have beliefs that are in the middle, which is where the Independent Party (like Libertarians) come in. Yet, someone might have more Republican based beliefs (and some Democratic beliefs) and just go right over to the Republican party because they think it's one party or the other. It's a shame.

Anyways, get the facts and base your election decision on that. That's all you can do. The president can do a complete 180 once they are in office. All we can do is go based on what we know about them that is fact and no BS.
                          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Well, so much for policing ourselves

Is Tinmack coming back?

Comment

Josh, great job! Im afraid that reopening a can of worms just releases the worms again. I admit that i posted on the thread about political subjects.
                              I knew that religion and politics make fools of all of us and i admit i am guilty. A very wise person "Badger Dave" reminded me in a post that was directed to all of us. I admit i thought i was standing up for what i believe in, but realize there are people that think they know it all and Jesus Christ would be told hedidnt know what he was talking about. As for this know it all, i salute you Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                                Ahh, Tinmack left a very memorable last posting here, it was pretty tough.

I think he called Masterplumb everything but a white boy.
                                Ok. Something tells me I missed something. Whatever.

I will again take the high road.

If it means anything to those in charge here, if you open the political discussions here again, I will not post anythig on politics and stay out of those chats, you have my word.

What I was a part of the other night was bad, and I take responsibility for my actions. Like I originally said I feel bad that it was played out on the Ridgid forum and not taken care of some other way.

What I did was not done because of political differences, trust me. If anyone wants the real story pm me or email me and I will fill you in.

Comment

Working...
                                X