Last 24 Hours of Drama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last 24 Hours of Drama

Politics and religion (same difference to me) discussions are always heated and they may become outright dangerous. I was born and raised in a formerly communist country. We took our discussions to the streets and it was indeed dangerous. Stones, and even bottles filled with gasoline are no match against fully equipped military vehicles, tanks and forces doped up with some drugs.

The country is now free, but people... I'm not sure. It took me a while to realize that politicians are just puppets of big industry, and they will use any tricks (including religious feelings, since religion is such a great tool to keep people in line) to get elected, so they can serve their corporate masters, or their own egos at best. I know of few exceptions to this.

I doesn't matter whether it's Russia, US or Nazi Germany - the ones who get screwed are "we the people". It's been like that from times immemorial and I see no hope of change (except for a short lived one), unless the discussions indeed are taken to the streets. I am not advocating it, and being somewhat of an older fart now, I think I wouldn't do what I was doing as a student.

I think I saw a light though. It was the light in my garage. It helped me see that the empty spaces can be filled with some nice woodworking tools, and that I could do something both interesting and useful, instead of giving ratings to those who lie to me through their teeth - the so called media.

I have a TV network at home. You can watch TV from any of the 3 TV sets and all 12 computers. I haven't watched TV since February and I don't miss it one bit.

As someone said - politicians should be executed just because they want to be politicians. No matter what label they want to fool us with - liberal, conservative, christian, muslim, green, pink or translucent. Since killing politicians doesn't appear to be legal I'll stick to woodworking instead.

To those who decide to vote in their elections, in whichever country you live - I wish you all the best of luck in electing THE candidate who you prefer to screw you, as opposed to all the other candidates who you would hate to be screwed by.
    Last edited by darius; 09-13-2008, 12:48 AM.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      This could be promoted as the completion of the Century. It would make the 1971 fight between Frazier and Ali look like child's play. First we have to get Steve to switch to Flat-Rate and then we could have a triple challenge of:

K-7500 Drum vs. K-60 Sectional

Plumber vs. Drain Cleaner

Flat-Rate vs. Time and Material

Heck if there was enough money in it I might consider pulling a George Foreman and come out of retirement with a K-500. It would be the only machine there which could clean 1.25" through 10" linHeck if there was enough money in it I might consider pulling a George Foreman and come es.

Mark

BTW: Did I mention this will be a cage match?

THATS THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT IT I WOULD COME BACK WITH A SPARTAN
      300 MACH, OR TROJAN STALLION AND SHOW YOU YOUNGSTERS HOW A GOOD DRAIN MAN CAN DO ! !
      JERRYMAC
      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
        THATS THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT IT I WOULD COME BACK WITH A SPARTAN
        300 MACH, OR TROJAN STALLION AND SHOW YOU YOUNGSTERS HOW A GOOD DRAIN MAN CAN DO ! !
        there's always the next roundup

i doubt there will ever be a real heads up competition, but we all had a "blaster" doing it

as noted i don't remember being in any of the political debates.

snake debates, yes

remember that this is a tool forum, construction forum,
        not a politics forum

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          This could be promoted as the completion of the Century. It would make the 1971 fight between Frazier and Ali look like child's play. First we have to get Steve to switch to Flat-Rate and then we could have a triple challenge of:

K-7500 Drum vs. K-60 Sectional

Plumber vs. Drain Cleaner

Flat-Rate vs. Time and Material

Heck if there was enough money in it I might consider pulling a George Foreman and come out of retirement with a K-500. It would be the only machine there which could clean 1.25" through 10" lines.

Mark

BTW: Did I mention this will be a cage match?
          Mark, you gotta fit a mole in there somewhere
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Politics and religion, the two subjects that cause normal folks to turn into raving idiots. This place would be much better off if these two subjects were permanently banned and any thread dealing with either should be immediately removed. Just my .02ยข.
            i agree..

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              Mark, you gotta fit a mole in there somewhere
              That's a great idea it might even bring plumber back to the site.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
              X