X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11

As the son of a Vietnam Vet, I know that the years may pass and the attention fades, but the pain does not.
    So keep talking about it, share your sadness with your friends and family, or post a memory here on the forum, whatever it takes to stay on the path of healing.

Re: September 11

I mentioned this today on the job site. Hardly any sign of today being 9/11.
    Local fire dept had a bunch of flags out and most flags at 1/2 staff, other then that everything was normal. It's odd how quick we forget.

A good memory was born to me as a direct result of 9/11. Because 9/11 exposed a weakness in our ability to communicate with troops over seas my brother had to attend special training state side. I had not seen him in two years (korea). He called and said he was in Maryland. I called work and told them I'd be gone for a week and packed the family and took off. I'm glad I did. I had no idea those would be the last three days I would ever see him again.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Re: September 11

Shortly after the 9\11 attacks, with tears in his eyes, Geroge Bush delivered one of the most moving speaches in history. A speach that galvanized the Congress and the nation. A speach that was a call to action and set in motion the events that have followed in the past seven years. Mr. Bush promised the nation that he would do whatever was in his power to fight back against the cowardly terrorists and to protect this nation from further attacks. You can say what you will about George Bush and his last 7 years in office, he has kept that promiss. It would have been much easier for him to be swayed by the polls and the media, but he has abandoned his popularity for his ideals and the promiss he made to us. For that I publically thank him. And I thank all those soldiers that have served and are still serving on foreign soil to keep the world a safer place. These brave men and women put their lives on the line every day for the ideal that is the United States of America. May god bless them all and keep them safe.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X