X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a shame

what is going on with all the locked threads

over the years they may have bin 1 or 2 but now there are a couple days

this does not look to good for new people coming here a seeing locked threads .cant we just talk and get into such a debate that it has to be shut down .

lets stop all the bickering and clean up forum

thank you mark and he others that are stopping things before it gets out of hand
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Re: What a shame

Wow, a first for me, having a thread I started locked up. And it didn't even get a chance to get ugly, not that I wanted or expected it to.

I would offer constructive and sane comments on the last post to the thread, but that would just perpetuate what has apparently been banned, so I will let it drop.

What amendment is that?..... Oh yeah, the FIRST one.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I couldn't do Josh's job, to be fair and give credit where it's due.

Bob does have a point, it's presidential campaign time and we're not allowed to discuss it over the actions of the minority.
      Granted these discussions get ugly, but isn't there a way to simply "hide" adverse or hostile posts without completely banning a topic like this?

Comment

We have to find ways of calling each other idiots without actually calling each other idiots. Its called a debate.

With all due respect to my learned colleague I beg to differ.............
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          We have to find ways of calling each other idiots without actually calling each other idiots. Its called a debate.

With all due respect to my learned colleague I beg to differ.............
          Whatever...Idiot.

Just kidding, I think Josh did what he had to do in light of what happened recently. I respect Josh a ton and his decision here was smart. BUT...I would hope he 'unbans' politics after a couple of days, when everyone simmers down. PLEEEEEAAAASE JOSH! I am already boycotting one section of this forum because of free speech problems, debating politics is one of the last things I have left here. Don't kill the forum with censorship.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            Whatever...Idiot.

Just kidding, I think Josh did what he had to do in light of what happened recently. I respect Josh a ton and his decision here was smart. BUT...I would hope he 'unbans' politics after a couple of days, when everyone simmers down. PLEEEEEAAAASE JOSH! I am already boycotting one section of this forum because of free speech problems, debating politics is one of the last things I have left here. Don't kill the forum with censorship.
            Duck?...is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              BTW, that is my new signature until we get this problem sorted out.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                What amendment is that?..... Oh yeah, the FIRST one.
                it's a privately owned forum so the 1st doesn't count. either play by the rules or move on. it's the way it is.

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Duck?...is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Duck?...is that you?
                    Carl must be a wannabe Duck.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                      it's a privately owned forum so the 1st doesn't count. either play by the rules or move on. it's the way it is.

steve
                      You are correct however I can still voice my objection to that philosophy can't I?
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I think it might be a good idea if Josh were to totally remove the locked threads soon. It's true that a new member would wonder and most likely become upset seeing them.

Comment

Working...
                        X