Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a shame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What a shame

    what is going on with all the locked threads

    over the years they may have bin 1 or 2 but now there are a couple days

    this does not look to good for new people coming here a seeing locked threads .cant we just talk and get into such a debate that it has to be shut down .

    lets stop all the bickering and clean up forum

    thank you mark and he others that are stopping things before it gets out of hand
    Charlie

    My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


    http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

  • #2
    Re: What a shame

    Wow, a first for me, having a thread I started locked up. And it didn't even get a chance to get ugly, not that I wanted or expected it to.

    I would offer constructive and sane comments on the last post to the thread, but that would just perpetuate what has apparently been banned, so I will let it drop.

    What amendment is that?..... Oh yeah, the FIRST one.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

    https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What a shame

      I couldn't do Josh's job, to be fair and give credit where it's due.

      Bob does have a point, it's presidential campaign time and we're not allowed to discuss it over the actions of the minority.
      Granted these discussions get ugly, but isn't there a way to simply "hide" adverse or hostile posts without completely banning a topic like this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What a shame

        We have to find ways of calling each other idiots without actually calling each other idiots. Its called a debate.

        With all due respect to my learned colleague I beg to differ.............
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What a shame

          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          We have to find ways of calling each other idiots without actually calling each other idiots. Its called a debate.

          With all due respect to my learned colleague I beg to differ.............
          Whatever...Idiot.

          Just kidding, I think Josh did what he had to do in light of what happened recently. I respect Josh a ton and his decision here was smart. BUT...I would hope he 'unbans' politics after a couple of days, when everyone simmers down. PLEEEEEAAAASE JOSH! I am already boycotting one section of this forum because of free speech problems, debating politics is one of the last things I have left here. Don't kill the forum with censorship.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What a shame

            Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            Whatever...Idiot.

            Just kidding, I think Josh did what he had to do in light of what happened recently. I respect Josh a ton and his decision here was smart. BUT...I would hope he 'unbans' politics after a couple of days, when everyone simmers down. PLEEEEEAAAASE JOSH! I am already boycotting one section of this forum because of free speech problems, debating politics is one of the last things I have left here. Don't kill the forum with censorship.
            Duck?...is that you?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What a shame

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              We have to find ways of calling each other idiots without actually calling each other idiots. Its called a debate.
              BTW, that is my new signature until we get this problem sorted out.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What a shame

                Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                What amendment is that?..... Oh yeah, the FIRST one.
                it's a privately owned forum so the 1st doesn't count. either play by the rules or move on. it's the way it is.

                steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What a shame

                  Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Duck?...is that you?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What a shame

                    Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Duck?...is that you?
                    Carl must be a wannabe Duck.

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What a shame

                      Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                      it's a privately owned forum so the 1st doesn't count. either play by the rules or move on. it's the way it is.

                      steve
                      You are correct however I can still voice my objection to that philosophy can't I?
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

                      https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What a shame

                        I think it might be a good idea if Josh were to totally remove the locked threads soon. It's true that a new member would wonder and most likely become upset seeing them.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X