Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
hgtv Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: hgtv

    I don't mind an inexperienced host, when it looks like this:

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: hgtv

      Today they were making a dining room table out of two shopping carts and a luan door.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: hgtv

        luan door? is that an imported hardwood from somewhere? they just know how to use the finest materials. i cant afford a lot of the pricey wood, but at least they show a novice like me what real luan looks like!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: hgtv

          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Today they were making a dining room table out of two shopping carts and a luan door.
          Thats a joke right????

          It funny that they go into a house and see white walls," we can't have that, lets paint it purple". The next house has purple or red walls and they say, " this just doesn't look right, lets paint it white". I find that to be hilarious, and I think its all about mood swings and which to me is just weird and why I rarely watch the HGTV. Discovery channel is much nicer to watch but thats just me....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

          http://www.contractorspub.com

          A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: hgtv

            That's because paint is relativly cheap. Who remembers the show Monster House? Can you imagine what the waiver must have said.

            Sorry we hacked your house to pieces and now it's worth 1\10 th of it's value but hey, you morons wanted to be on TV.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: hgtv

              Along the same vein, can anyone else believe that Armondo Montelongo didn't go bankrupt by the end of the first season he was on. I can see how the New Haven flip this house group makes money even though they are like a frat house, they don't tend to do retarded things on the job site.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: hgtv

                Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Today they were making a dining room table out of two shopping carts and a luan door.
                Computer will not allow icons that roll over, LOL, but that is what I wanted to say!!
                Steve.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: hgtv

                  Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  Along the same vein, can anyone else believe that Armondo Montelongo didn't go bankrupt by the end of the first season he was on. I can see how the New Haven flip this house group makes money even though they are like a frat house, they don't tend to do retarded things on the job site.
                  This bonehead is actually doing house flipping seminars here in the Dallas area these days. Heard a commercial for it the other day.

                  As for watching HGTV to learn how to DIY, that's not what I do it for. I watch it for general design ideas for stuff that I want to do in my own home. As for the actual technical aspect of how to do those things, I work my way through it until I get what I want.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: hgtv

                    I am surprised that Armando is still alive and that none of his contractors has tested a pipe wrench over his head. 3/4 of those he uses work for next to nothing by the time he is thru with his negotiations, and he still treats them like scum. He must hold the INS over their heads or something. I have no clue why his wife stays with him, she could do a lot better.
                    Last edited by JTROANOKE; 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: hgtv

                      I guess there's a reason Norm and the others are on DIY Network. I don't think I've watched a second of HGTV in years. I don't need a bunch of idiots showing me how to make crap furniture. I've got sketch paper and plywood. I can make my own stupid useless furniture without anyone's help!!



                      hmmmmmmm....maybe I should apply to make a show for HGTV..."This Crappy Furniture" or "How to make a sheet of plywood look like crap" or something! I COULD SO DO THAT!!!
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: hgtv

                        Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                        I guess there's a reason Norm and the others are on DIY Network. I don't think I've watched a second of HGTV in years. I don't need a bunch of idiots showing me how to make crap furniture. I've got sketch paper and plywood. I can make my own stupid useless furniture without anyone's help!!



                        hmmmmmmm....maybe I should apply to make a show for HGTV..."This Crappy Furniture" or "How to make a sheet of plywood look like crap" or something! I COULD SO DO THAT!!!
                        I believe you could.....
                        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                        http://www.contractorspub.com

                        A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: hgtv

                          Originally posted by beardking View Post
                          This bonehead is actually doing house flipping seminars here in the Dallas area these days. Heard a commercial for it the other day.

                          As for watching HGTV to learn how to DIY, that's not what I do it for. I watch it for general design ideas for stuff that I want to do in my own home. As for the actual technical aspect of how to do those things, I work my way through it until I get what I want.
                          You could learn some basic things watching HGTV, but I mainly watch it for entertainment. For DIY projects, the best thing to do from my experience is to get personal advice from someone who knows what they're doing and then work your way through it.
                          Schumacher Homes

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: hgtv

                            Originally posted by ritajones View Post
                            You could learn some basic things watching HGTV, but I mainly watch it for entertainment. For DIY projects, the best thing to do from my experience is to get personal advice from someone who knows what they're doing and then work your way through it.
                            That's a good idea, if you know someone who you can ask. I don't have any friends/relatives that enjoy or are even really willing to DIY except a father-in-law who would make the stuff done on HGTV look like a freaking masterpiece. So, I watch the shows, glean what I can from them, then go out and screw up on my own.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X