X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hgtv

i started out watching hgtv to learn some of the systems and how various trades performed their expert work on houses and remodeling projects around the house. not that i wanted to be a diyer on every trade, but to be familiar with different systems. i as a woodworker enjoyed the shows directed at us. but now i look at hgtv and see a designer sashaying around, painting walls purple and building hideous furniture out of construction grade plywood and staining it. or i can see what someones walls tell them. am i crazy or does anyone agree hgtv doesnt know where their more serious audience is?

Re: hgtv

They are all actors..... What do you expect from actors.....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same opinion as you. What's with these wack jobs hanging tie died beadsheets over the windows, spray painting every damn thing in site and hacking crap plywood together to make furniture? For gods sake we had better looking furniture and decor in my college frat house.
      sigpic

Comment

NHMaster,

what you said is hilarious, whats sad is its 100 percent true!!!!

Comment

HGTV is directed at morons anyway. A true die-hard DIYer will have hands on experience and won't need to learn how to build something from watching a dumb TV show. I watched it a few times, and realized this quickly. I laughed my *** off at some of the garbage ideas and I love how they use the camera to make everything look 'super-easy.' First they show an actor soldering one tiny 1/2" elbow and making it look super fun and easy. "Ok folks, so in a few hours we'll check back on the plumbers to see how the 500 square foot bathroom rough-in is coming along." Then they have a team of pro plumbers rough it in and then turn the cameras back on. They never show the real work, just the end results. "Anyone can do it!"
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

you can do it, we can help

Comment

im so confused, i dont know if i should put a new cdx top on my wifes dining room table or make a beautiful light fixture from a bale of hay. i am not even a good woodworker lol. my hands shake a little and sometimes my joints arent the best, but even my shop jigs look like Michelangelo up against their masterpieces.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same opinion as you. What's with these wack jobs hanging tie died beadsheets over the windows, spray painting every damn thing in site and hacking crap plywood together to make furniture? For gods sake we had better looking furniture and decor in my college frat house.
                Some of the shows can be OK, but the "experts" they have as the host always piss me off. Russ Morash doesn't pick models for his shows, but they at least seem to know what they are talking about. All the other DIY shows pick some model (male or female) to be a host and an expert instead of just getting someone who is actually knowledgeable about the field. Cosmetics on a swine ...

Comment

I stopped watching it very long ago.If I want to see makeup put on something I'll just watch my wife.
                  Sam

Comment

What's the difference between a TV host and a carpenter???

LIPSTICK

Comment

Have you noticed that the female home owner on these shows usually seems to have rather large....
                      Best part of the show I quess
                      sigpic

Comment

"Cosmetics on a swine ..."

Easy now, that there is political yakety-yak.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          Have you noticed that the female home owner on these shows usually seems to have rather large....
                          Best part of the show I quess
                          That's because its all about getting viewers to hang around through the commercials, not about conveying any useful information on how to do this or that.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Carpenter's wear lipstick?

Comment

Originally posted by rwyoung View Post
                              Carpenter's wear lipstick?
                              So very true, thats why the Models are putting it on us with their lips and the engineer's and plumbers and electricians aren't getting any...

Its great to be a carpenter/wood butcher....
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X