No announcement yet.

Hello Josh - .PDF Upload Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Josh - .PDF Upload Issue

I remember that Josh fixed it before so the members could upload good size .PDF files such as owner's manuals and such. Anyway yesterday when I attempted to upload a manual of a RIDGID tool that's about 2 MB, I receive an error message. Small .PDF files under 250KB upload fine. Maybe Josh can work his magic touch again.

Thanks in advance

Database error The RIDGID Plumbing Forum, Woodworking Forum, Power Tool Forum database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Woussko; 09-13-2008, 09:09 AM.

Re: Hello Josh - .PDF Upload Issue

Do you mean you want to upload a file into a post? 2 MB seems like a big file to attach to a post. What about just posting a link to it?

I attached a PDF to a post yesterday, but it was about 97kb. I did notice that the file size limit is set at 4.77MB for PDFs on the Manage Attachments pop-up window.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

I tried some more PDF files. Up to about 750KB seem to work, but a 1MB gets me the error message. I remember some time ago that Josh upped the file size limit and maybe with the forum on a new server(s) and a new host they changed the limit. It's OK "as is" but sometimes it would be nice to be able to upload a good size PDF file.

If you run across this thread, please don't trouble yourself over it. It's just not worth the bother. There are other ways of getting larger .PDF files to forum members in need than to post them.