Re: I have something to say!!!

and I thought he meant trade unions.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
      I was thinking Metallica, off the "Garager Days 5.98 EP"

Andy
      and even though they're getting up in years, I like that new AC/DC song.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        He felt companion flanges were easier to use than unions.

Mark
        No no no. I said they were easier then left right couplings.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
          No no no. I said they were easier then left right couplings.
          My bad you're right.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

left right coupling, huh?
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

coupling and nipple

Comment

Please explain, I'm lost.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron,

A left to right nipple and coupling have a reverse thread on one side and are used like a union.

Mark

Comment

So wouldn't you be pulling the nipple out of the previously installed fitting to tighten it into the coupling?
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                      So wouldn't you be pulling the nipple out of the previously installed fitting to tighten it into the coupling?
                      I'm sure you will cover this in your school but that is the purpose of the reverse threads on one end. Lets say you install the L-R nipple and then you install the L-R coupling between the nipple and a length of pipe. With the revers threads of the coupling as you are tightening the reverse threads you are tightening the standard threads.

Mark

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20105
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks Mark and Ben.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                            I'm not a great writer, so hopefully this comes out sounding right....

I was once pissed off big time from a member of this forum, who recently passed away. I was mad enough to quit, then I was over whelmed at the responses from many members here that did not want me to quit. I must say, I am glad I took all of their advices, this place is awesome, respectful, caring and hardworking people come to this site every single day. Even as time went by, me and Dog still had some exchanges but we did get along and made peace.

Now someone here, that contributes a lot to the site wants to leave because of a bad scene. I for one, do not want him to leave, nor should he have to change his name if he decides to stay.

Our names are all over the internet, whether we like it or not. So is our business license number, our address and telephone number. Some of us even have pictures of our family on the net for anyone to view. Most of us give out the information from our website or what we post.

When Frankiarmz name was revealed here, I did not see it and I'm sure the majority of the visitors did not see it as well. No one should have their real names posted here, unless its all right by them. I don't think that you have anything to worry about Franki and this is why you should not leave.

I really enjoy what you have to say in here, you are a huge contributor to our forum. And I'm sure that majority of the regular visitors feel the same way as I do. This is a good clean site, and I must say I'm proud to be a part of it and I know Franki, so are you....

I think as far as what happened, Mark and Josh took care of the matter and cleaned it up. I didn't even see your guys argument nor care to read it, if its still in here. Words flies when an argument gets heated up and most of the time we regret what we said and wish we could change what happened.

Why masterplumber did what he did, is beyond me. Actions should have been taken against him, which may have, I don't know. He also contributes to a great deal with our site, which I also enjoy reading what he has to say. But no one should do an investigation on another member, that my friends I find just wrong.

Politics and Religion are in our lives every single day. And its a sad thing that people need to argue over them or about them. I respect what everyone has to say in here and I must say, there is a whole lot of knowledge in this place. Which is why I would always be a part of this site.

Franki, you need to think on this, we don't want you to leave, but if you must feel the need to change your name in here, then let Josh do so. This will all blow over and quicker than you think, I would bet on it.

Even though I do 100% believe in the freedom of speech. I'm glad the Political threads we're stopped, but they should not be stopped till after election time, thats wrong but it ir Ridgid's site, so I'll respect their decision.

I think if you need to discuss Political Campaign, then take it to the chat room. Because no one wants to go in there a reread what everyone had to say, I sure don't.

I know I could keep on writing and repeating what I'm trying to get across. Your pretty much safe in here Franki, so don't leave. One bad incident doesn't justify the many, many good days you spent in here.

Mark
                            very well said.. a lesson well learned for everyone..

Comment

Tinmac isn't permanently banned. He broke the rules hardcore with the language.

I banned him for 1 week. hopefully he will be back after that. I like having him around and I think he adds a lot to the forum. Its one of those things though. He went way overboard on the thread. So its more or less sticking with the rules by banning him. Its up to my digressions on how long the ban has to be. 1 week is the min.

Josh

Comment

Him cussing is that big of a deal? Wow.

Is this middle school or a tradesmen forum?
                                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                                X