hobbies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobbies

with all the time we spend on the forum and working iam relatiely sure some of us have a few spare moments left over for fun, so tell us what you like to do, as for me when my wife isnt humiliating me at golf { hardest game i have ever tried to learn} i play the guitar and have been involved in martial arts for years, and enjoy our children three cats and a dog.

Re: hobbies

I play my old Yamaha acoustic while on the Forum. In my hands now.

J.C.

Comment

See link in sig and here

Plus, some photography
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I like to work out, surf the Internet and golf. I also love listening to music and going to concerts.
        Schumacher Homes

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I play my old Yamaha acoustic while on the Forum. In my hands now.

J.C.
          Hey JC, listen to this guy play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9_J...eature=related
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I like to play golf also and I really enjoy coaching soccer. I used to do a lot of woodworking, but I sort of strayed from it. I'm sure one day it'll bite me in the rear and I'll be building tables or cabinets, something. I like to fish from time to time, but whats really my biggest hobby is being active as much as I can with the kids. I go to every play, and just about every game in the sports that they play though out the year.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Not bad Bob D. He must REALLY like Joe Satriani. Learned to play his music and has his guitar.

J.C.

Comment

I was wondering if he was actually playing or not. I figured someone who plays would be able to tell, and that's not me for sure.

But at any rate I like the music. Just happened upon his video while on You-Tube looking for a video.
                Last edited by Bob D.; 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

To tell you the truth I'm on dialup and only watched like 10 seconds. I was a little suspicious but who am I to criticize. Looks like the right hand movements. That's Joe Satriani's "Surfing with the Alien" as you could probably guess.

There's a guy on YouTube somewhere that does alot of hammer-on/pull-off and tapping on the body of an acoustic guitar that I really like. Maybe someone could post as I can't find it again.

J.C.

Comment

I'm a bit of a part time artist. i work with metals, rock, and words (poetry), i really enjoy the fishing up here. I once heard of a lake up here where the fish are so old they have hairy a$$hole$. but seriosly, big fish.

going out on the land or tundra and just enjoying the sights and smells is something i have always enjoyed. the work part of it is to look around every once in a while for polar bears, barrenland grizzly.

even though we don't have trees up here, they can still sneak up on you.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      To tell you the truth I'm on dialup and only watched like 10 seconds. I was a little suspicious but who am I to criticize. Looks like the right hand movements. That's Joe Satriani's "Surfing with the Alien" as you could probably guess.

There's a guy on YouTube somewhere that does alot of hammer-on/pull-off and tapping on the body of an acoustic guitar that I really like. Maybe someone could post as I can't find it again.

J.C.
                      andy mckee?

Comment

Could be. Have to see him first.

J.C.

Comment

Well, looks like he might be kinda good

See below:

The Guitar Idol 2008 was a great success. A full report will be here shortly. In the meantime lets meet this years winner of GUITAR IDOL! - Gustavo Guerra.

http://www.licklibrary.com/Channels/Guitar-Idol/

I opened two browser windows and started the same video about a half second apart. Gives it a cool delay effect. You'll need a broadband connection for this though.

Comment

I collect Hartland statues. I coach high school baseball as well as summer and fall baseball. Usually around 110 - 120 games a year.

Comment

Working...
                            X