A Friendly Reminder Warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Friendly Reminder Warning

I was told if you shoot someone in the back while they are fleeing out your front door you need to drag them back inside

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Rather than using rubber rounds, you may want to look into frangible rounds. They're designed to do massive damage to flesh but break apart when hitting a wall. If I remember right, they even have a hard time going through 1/2" drywall. If you're going to shoot somebody it should be to kill, not wound. There is no such thing as a warning shot.
      Okay, you're scaring me ,and Dunbar you need a hug "BloodBath"?
      Alright guys, I trust your judgement so I'll shoot to kill, gonna look up those "frangible " rounds soon. Talking about getting away with killing someone, true story from many years ago a guy I believe in upstate NY shot and killed his mother in-law who was wearing a fur coat. He mistaked her for a raccoon

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        I was told if you shoot someone in the back while they are fleeing out your front door you need to drag them back inside
        Make sure they don't find out.You know how thorough can be.If they find out....You may be worse off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
          This is an answer to dirtyhands question in a previous post.

I called the New York State Police and posed the question as asked by dirtyhands. The officer said. "They don't have to be going after your girlfriend or anyone else. If they are in your house you can shoot them." I asked again about shooting in the back and he gave me the same answer, "Sure. If they are in your house you can shoot somebody."

Will his answer apply to other areas of the counrty? No Clue.

It would be of interest to me if others of us call a police department and see what the answers are around the country.

-Tom
          I remember discussing this at my nra safety course. The instructor said that you can shoot someone in the back if they are in your house. He also said that you will probably have to go through "the system" as well. Im not so sure I could shoot someone in the back, and I sure hope I never have to make that choice.

Comment

The main advantage of frangible rounds is the reduction of pass throughs. Say you shoot an assailant and the round passes through them and hits a loved one in the other room. This is the main purpose of frangible rounds. I've seen the damage they do to soft tissue and it'll stop someone quickly. http://www.sinterfire.com/
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

New Jersey Self-Defense Law
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Okay, you're scaring me ,and Dunbar you need a hug "BloodBath"?
                Alright guys, I trust your judgement so I'll shoot to kill, gonna look up those "frangible " rounds soon. Talking about getting away with killing someone, true story from many years ago a guy I believe in upstate NY shot and killed his mother in-law who was wearing a fur coat. He mistaked her for a raccoon
                Heres a true story, I would guess this happened around 13-17 years ago. Man who was deer hunting in Wisconsin, see some white flashing so he shoots at it. He killed a woman who was hanging up her sheets to dry. Left behind a husband and 4 kids.

He never saw a deer the whole weekend and he really took the white as being a deer. A Moron is what that man is, I never heard what happened to him. Wisconsin is famous for accidents during deer season.....
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  Maybe I should move across the bridge. Now only if they let you have hollow points there.

Comment

This thread is starting to sound 'political.' Lets keep it tame so it doesn't get locked like the others. Maybe if we play nice, Josh will open it up again.

BTW, I keep a shotgun hanging up high in my garage, near the downstairs master bedroom. Its high and hidden enough that kids can't get it, but close by enough that I can grab it in a jiffy if needed.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      BTW, I keep a shotgun hanging up high in my garage, near the downstairs master bedroom. Its high and hidden enough that kids can't get it, but close by enough that I can grab it in a jiffy if needed.
                      Don't assume your kids can't get at something. My kids (1 and 2.5) can both push chairs and climb them. My son can climb into his crib (the top of the railing is more than 4' off the floor). If you can reach it, they will be able to reach it as well very soon.

Comment

Besides you dont want to keep it where the bad guy can get it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                          Besides you dont want to keep it where the bad guy can get it either.
                          Well, whats the point of locking it up? By the time you get it unlocked an loaded, your dead.

Comment

Well, whats the point of locking it up? By the time you get it unlocked an loaded, your dead.
                            Remington says you should keep it loaded in a safe with an electronic keypad.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              Remington says you should keep it loaded in a safe with an electronic keypad.

Ok, that IS a good idea. I will put it on the 'to-do' list. For now I am pretty sure my 8 pound daughter can't get a hold of it.

Comment

Ok, that IS a good idea. I will put it on the 'to-do' list. For now I am pretty sure my 8 pound daughter can't get a hold of it.
                                You've got a lot of childproofing ahead. The biggest things for us are baby gates on the stairs, covers on the outlets, child proof latches on the kitchen cabinets, and and installing overhead light fixtures. The overhead light fixtures are because, we basically tried to remove anything like a floor lamp that is top heavy and can be tilted, you should also check if you think your TV is on its stand well. Ours is 250lbs, and not moving, but some of them are kind of top heavy and if they fall there is both broken glass and also the possibility of crushing injuries.

Our philosophy is to basically let the two of them run wild in the house and try to remove anything dangerous rather than excluding them from part of the house or training them about certain things. It is also very kid dependent, we have friends who have much less adventurous kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X