Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your last day

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Spend time with my family and video tape myself trying to impart whatever wisdom and encouragement I could give to my boys as they grow up. Ya know.. really make sure they will know who I was and what was important to me when they grow up.

Josh
    I like what Josh wrote. From the standpoint of a parent, children can never hear those pearls of wisdom or the words "I Love You, or It Will Be Alright" enough. I've had close bouts with death and I'm at an age where there might not be a tomorrow. I'm in my mid fifties and heart attacks and strokes are not out of the question, we take life for granted. As far as a last day would go, I don't know what I would do. I'm positive I would not want to hurt anyone's feelings by doing something stupid or thoughtless, that's just who I am last day or not. I have thought about the video taped message to my daughters and I like that idea. If you think about it ,so much depends on our awareness of our situation we know we will die someday but to be consumed by this reality or to dwell on it robs us of productive and happy life. Instead of thinking what you would do if this was you last day, just think of what you will do with this day, this gift, period!

Comment

I'd prolly make time for a peaceful nap

Comment

From Young Guns II:

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.
        -Billy the kid

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          While you do that I will be calling people on my list
          I now understand why you have Rick in a headlock in the picture in your Avatar.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If I was still single and it was a week instead of a day...I'd be off for Thailand or the Philippines for a hard week of partying.Since I'm not tho ..make a dvd for my son to see and hope to get over there to be with the wife and him for a bit.
            Sam

Comment

How much time to live is there when I find out when my last day of life on earth will be? Put another way, how much planning time is there? While this may seem crazy, I would go way out into the country and try to watch the sun set one final time and try to make peace with the world.

Comment

Working...
              X