X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, i'm back

Ike can kiss my a$$, just now got power back. Been off since last Sunday, cold showers suck big time.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Re: Ok, i'm back

My brother's power was off from last Friday to Monday. He is back up and running now.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
      Ike can kiss my a$$, just now got power back. Been off since last Sunday, cold showers suck big time.

Welcome back dan! I could of met ya half way and let you use one of my generators if I knew ya was in the loop.

You could of brought me one of those plates of food from where we met...them hushpuppies would of made me hush!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Glad to have you back Dan an d hopefully no injuries to deal with among anyone.

Sounds like your next powertool might be a generator.

Hey, where are those RIDGID Generators anyways? They make compressors, generators look good in orange too.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Dan, how are the sewage treatment plants there? There is a concern that they are gonna back up into people's houses in Houston.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Dan, how are the sewage treatment plants there? There is a concern that they are gonna back up into people's houses in Houston.

His electric got turned back off

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

does dan have an electric water heater or a gas tankless?

another reason to go gas tank water heater

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

His electric got turned back off

No. The plant for his area was having issues. He and his neighbors had to find and pop their clean outs. He said he never would have been so happy to see Rick if he just showed up at his door. He had to pump out his pool himself too. He said he was almost ready to stop making fun of me for marrying a plumber
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                  if you don't have a genset (with proper transfer switch) when the power goes dark you will sit in the dark. after huricane Marilyn we were with out power for 48 DAYS. a small genset saved our butts. we now have one that will drive MOST of the house. the pool/WH/Dryer can't run at the same time. a little bit of planning and we have fridge, water pump, lights, TV & computers. the big stuff requires attention. 7.5 KW Porter Cable drives 85% of our needs all at once.

in the future is a 12KW to drive EVERYTHING. but that is at least 1 year away

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My son is on his way back to his home near Houston but they are still without power. He is hoping after the 20+ hour drive they will get home and have power. They figure if they still don 't have power at least all of the stores are open again.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Glad you and yours made it through safely.Hope your home and shop's O.K.
                      Kenneth Collier
                      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                      Jackson, MS 39206
                      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Hope all's well, PapaDan. Thanks for taking the time to post. We should all send you some anti-rust stuff! Enjoy your hot shower.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Hope everything returns to normal soon Dan.

On the brite side: maybe the extra rain will drive so many frogs out, the price frog legs will plummet at Lonnegans ( i think thats the name of the restaurant)
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We finally got our power back after ten days. I only had to shut down my generator for a few minutes a day to add oil since it was burning about 3/4 quart per day. I am glad that I had it since I depend on my computer and internet access to be able to keep the money coming in. Unfortunaately even with a 16 kw unit I was not able to power my workshop and the house also. I am not looking forward to my natural gas bill for the ten days.

On another note, the really amazing thing is that we never lost Dish satellite tv service - even in the heart of the hurricane. It is spooky to see the radar showing the eye of the hurricane over your house while it is going on.

Comment

glad your back dan

if my electric goes out i have hot water ,heat,stove but we have a sewer grinder tanks so no juice the juices cant flow
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X