SHHH! No politics

Oh never mind. You're ok. It's just a puppet show
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Re: $700 Billion Bailout

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      I'm seeing what they are talking about today for the first time.

My first post...We are beyond that point.
      I had no idea how deep the parasites dug in to my spine.I have to keep feeding them to survive.
      That is unless I want to stand on a street corner with my K-60 and "Will Snake For Food" sign.

"Will Snake for Food" sound like a vice squad offense. Make sure there's no ladies standing around you at the same corner....

Then again, I told someone once that I was snaking a drain all afternoon, "and not a fun drain in a fun way"...wink wink, nudge nudge.

All I got was blank stares. So maybe those vice cops will be too witless to put it together.

Then again, better safe than sorry..........
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I'm seeing what they are talking about today for the first time.

My first post...We are beyond that point.
        I had no idea how deep the parasites dug in to my spine.I have to keep feeding them to survive.
        That is unless I want to stand on a street corner with my K-60 and "Will Snake For Food" sign.
        That killed me. I could see you now standing on the street corner with a sign, the K-60, and a cage of cable.

Someone rolling up asking how much? You saying "Veinte Dolares". Then you hopping in the back of a truck. I can see it man.

J.C.

Comment

after all this mess, and you start to ask yourself another question, is my job and house still secure?

Comment

Originally posted by michael stephen View Post
            after all this mess, and you start to ask yourself another question, is my job and house still secure?

We're not; WAMU just got shut down, bought by Chase. Biggest bank ever to shut down.

I'm starting a thread
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

wamu was my bank

fortunately the fdic did not take control so all deposits are fully covered.

my assets are still 100% there

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                wamu was my bank

fortunately the fdic did not take control so all deposits are fully covered.

my assets are still 100% there

rick.
                Maybe you should think about spreading that around a bit. Diversification of your banks makes sense; just like one would diversify their stock portfolio.

You could also invest in more tools. They'll be worth at least something.

Comment

i did a month ago

of course when i was at wamu 2 days ago, they were assuring me everything was ok

a month ago they pissed me off enough to take some to another bank.

most important thing with the fdic insurance is to make sure that you have proper beneficiaries to cover the fdic insurance.

there's a good fdic calculator on line to run the scenarios.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

So difficult to know what the right thing to is at this point. I'm glad there is opposition by some and demands for more details and alternatives.When we rush we make mistakes and this is serious stuff. From a strictly financial standpoint the experts on the stock channel who are screaming to get this done immediately are the same jerks whose advice I followed when buying several stocks a few year ago. They all tanked, so I'm glad real financial experts are weighing in, we need the best of the best to figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      So difficult to know what the right thing to is at this point. I'm glad there is opposition by some and demands for more details and alternatives.When we rush we make mistakes and this is serious stuff. From a strictly financial standpoint the experts on the stock channel who are screaming to get this done immediately are the same jerks whose advice I followed when buying several stocks a few year ago. They all tanked, so I'm glad real financial experts are weighing in, we need the best of the best to figure this out.
                      I fully agree.
                      A quick solution today would surely have left a lot of loopholes.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                        Maybe you should think about spreading that around a bit. Diversification of your banks makes sense; just like one would diversify their stock portfolio.

You could also invest in more tools. They'll be worth at least something.
                        Thanks. Where were you a month and a half ago when I was pulling my hair out trying to convince him of this? Luckily he gave in! He should just admit I am always right

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        i did a month ago

rick.
                        You're welcome
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I like this guys idea:

This idea sounds just crazy enough to possibly work, so naturally it won't be given serious consideration. How great is our bureaucracy!!

Hi Pals,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 ! in th ei r pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed
                          by one of our candidates for President! .< BR>
                          If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk
                          T . J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Hell in a hand basket.

I heard Lou Dobbs say that the first tenet of a democracy has been gone in this country for a long, long time. It's no longer majority rules, it's money talks.

Unless they meant the majority of the money rules, cuz that we have.

On a funner note, I'm glad I got into commission based sales at this precise moment.

Eli
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                              So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.
                              Of course if you do the math, he is only off by 1000 times

$85,000,000,000/200,000,000 people
                              crossing off the zeros you get
                              $850/2 people = 425/person

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                                Of course if you do the math, he is only off by 1000 times

$85,000,000,000/200,000,000 people
                                crossing off the zeros you get
                                $850/2 people = 425/person

Charles
                                Maybe he worked for the gov't? ....or Wall Street.

Comment

Working...
                                X