Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $700 Billion Bailout

[quote=MrsSeatDown;178374] He should just admit I am always right

My wife thought she was wrong once, turned out she was mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by tchads View Post
      Maybe he worked for the gov't? ....or Wall Street.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        Of course if you do the math, he is only off by 1000 times

$85,000,000,000/200,000,000 people
        crossing off the zeros you get
        $850/2 people = 425/person

Charles
        Well, this is what happens when you attach a Fw. from an email at 1am after a long day.

I guess i should have done the math 1st. Goes to show, dont believe everything you read on the net.

thanks
        www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
          Well, this is what happens when you attach a Fw. from an email at 1am after a long day.

I guess i should have done the math 1st. Goes to show, dont believe everything you read on the net.

thanks
          I got the same email last night. I was too tired to read your entire post to see if you caught that it was off. I guess you were tired too
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i did a month ago

of course when i was at wamu 2 days ago, they were assuring me everything was ok

a month ago they pissed me off enough to take some to another bank.

most important thing with the fdic insurance is to make sure that you have proper beneficiaries to cover the fdic insurance.

there's a good fdic calculator on line to run the scenarios.

rick.
            that was a good move.. so far, 13 institutions have failed this year, wonder whos next?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i did a month ago

of course when i was at wamu 2 days ago, they were assuring me everything was ok

a month ago they pissed me off enough to take some to another bank.

most important thing with the fdic insurance is to make sure that you have proper beneficiaries to cover the fdic insurance.

there's a good fdic calculator on line to run the scenarios.

rick.
              Don't tell anyone but I heard this morning that your "another bank" is shopping for a buyer. They said they are worried they will not survive the weekend if the bail out deal fails.

Just an FYI - Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

and here they gooooooo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-train.html
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Don't tell anyone but I heard this morning that your "another bank" is shopping for a buyer. They said they are worried they will not survive the weekend if the bail out deal fails.

Just an FYI - Mark
                  I already told him the other day. All the money is insured though

Thanks anyway
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

"To preserve their [the people's] independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our selection between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude"

Thomas Jefferson
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Friday, despite the bad news that the bailout hit a bump in the road, the DOW went up over 100 points.

Tomorrow we'll be secure in the knowledge that an agreement has been reached, stocks are low and there are countless millions around the world who are likely to take the gambit that it's time to buy.

The whole fiasco has taught us all some hard lessons.

One of which revolves around the limits of monopoly, as well as governement intervention.

Understandably, government intervention is almost a mockery of the expression "free trade", however, a lack of ethics is what invariably almost cost us the very function of free trade.

Should, say, someone like Bill Gates be allowed to use his monopoly to run every computer, IT and technology related business into the ground and then price gouge the world?
                      I certainly don't think so.

Should the government be telling me how much I'm allowed to charge to replace a toilet...no to that as well.

There's a line of common sense, morality & ethics that I now think we all have food for thought over.

We all get to pay for this.
                      For those who feel we should have ridden the storm out, trust me...my grandparents told me what the depression was like.

I don't think anyone here would want to have to choose between starving your kid or eating yourself so you have enough energy to go out and dig ditches to pay the rent.

We'd be the ones the Mexicans would be complaining about sneaking across the border to do cheap labor.

Comment

Difficult topic to discuss without getting into politics, since they are the folks doing the deal. I hope we are over the worst of it and that things don't continue to go downhill in spite to the "Bill" passing. I give a lot of credit and thanks to those few who refused to rush and make mistakes, we all know who they are. Experience has it's advantages and we just saw this in action.

Comment

I don't know about being over the worst of it Frankiarmz, I, personally, will never be over the worst of it. I lost fat bucks in Lehman, big fat bucks. My other stocks took a hit but they will recover. The money in Lehman is gone and no matter how much the other stocks recover the Lehman money will never be there. I will never be over it. I can declare the Lehman bucks as a loss when I start to withdraw my 401(k) but, ideally, that is a long way off.

In the last few years I have been given priviledged information and have had the opportunity to do some insider trading. I never did. But you know what? The next time something comes along I plan to take advantage of it.

No more playing fair.

-Tom

Comment

A guy I replaced a water heater for today explained a lot today regarding all of this, and given his age came some good wisdom. A little slant but he knew a great deal of insight to these matters.

This "bailout" does nothing for the "you and me" situation. This whole thing playing out will lead to some really crazy downfalls in the next 36 months.

It's not "that bad"......yet. Otherwise you wouldn't see football stadiums packed to the gills with fans.

Wouldn't that mean that everyone's too poor to go and burn fuel, buy $7.50 a glass beer, $34 hotdogs? Jersey's are what, $40?

It's not bad...yet. All the family restaurants, including fast food are packed all the time.

Who's pumping these campaigns full of money...You and Me? Ain't that broke...
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Announcing that you plan on committing a felony in a public forum may not be the brightest thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                                I don't know about being over the worst of it Frankiarmz, I, personally, will never be over the worst of it. I lost fat bucks in Lehman, big fat bucks. My other stocks took a hit but they will recover. The money in Lehman is gone and no matter how much the other stocks recover the Lehman money will never be there. I will never be over it. I can declare the Lehman bucks as a loss when I start to withdraw my 401(k) but, ideally, that is a long way off.

In the last few years I have been given priviledged information and have had the opportunity to do some insider trading. I never did. But you know what? The next time something comes along I plan to take advantage of it.

No more playing fair.

-Tom
                                Tom, sorry for your losses. I too have lost and although I did not have a major investment in stocks what I did have lost 90%. I was talking in general terms about the market overall not continuing to decline. I know the failures will not be reversed, the money given out in multilillion dollar exist packages is gone for good. There are many more parts of the economic puzzle we have yet to see as a result of the last few weeks. How many thousands of investors have lost a major part of their retirement funds? How will this affect the economy both near term and long term? I received a couple very good stock tips that would have doubled what I have at the present, I did not act on them and even if I did, I was already down quite a bit. I'm done with the stock market, I won't cashout my remaining stocks in the longshot that things turn around and they gain value. That's another thing that bothers me! I keep hearing about "cycles" and "things turning around", exactly what miracle will happen to allow that to take place? Millions of our jobs lost to the third world and millions right here being done by illegals who send untaxed American dollars back home. The trade deficit is enormous. What do these experts expect to change?

Comment

Working...
                                X