X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $700 Billion Bailout

Throwing $700 Billion of peoples money into wall street, is it okey with you guys? you think it will work..?

Re: $700 Billion Bailout

What happens with the next downturn? Throw some more money at it?

It's risky business, printing money like it's a big game of Monopoly. If it is indeed a free market economy, then the government should forget the bail out and let the market decide the winners, and unfortunately, the losers.

Then again, just my opinion.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

We're gone as it is. American economy is in the tank so far it will take years to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in. American public for the most part is just too stupid and inept to realize it. American public = Sheepizens.
      Jim Don

Comment

And someone wants to complain about spending 5billion on an aircraft carrier.

This country seams so lost.

Let the irresponsible hang.It's business.We know the rules and obide by them.They gambled and lost.

Comment

And while were on the subject-another thing that pisses me off is these "business incentives" given to large companies to get them in your/mine area. They give them land and all kinds of tax incentives that the majority small business guy cannot get.

They give them packages worth millions. Here-Dell and HondaJet to name a couple.

I could use a $10,000.00 incentive for example.

J.C.

Comment

I just keep taking mind-numbing drugs as it seems to lessen the harmful effects of what's happening around me....

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drugs make me sleepy
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

They should divide the $700 billion to each and every citizen, which would be about $26,000 per. I would have $104,000 for our household. The responsible ones would use it to pay off houses/rentals, and be in better shape. Those behind on their mortgage would have a number of years of payments available to loosen their budget. The irresponsible would blow it, but that would go back into the economy, giving it a boost. This would give a level playing field for all of us who didn't over-spend and have been responsible with our money, not just bail out a few multi-millionaires and people who didn't have any business owning a home in the first place.
              $700 billion is a lot of money, but you know one way or another, Congress is going to piss that much or more away on this debacle.

Comment

Just got this email -- opportunity or scam?

DEAR AMERICAN:

I NEED TO ASK YOU TO SUPPORT AN URGENT SECRET BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH A TRANSFER OF FUNDS OF GREAT MAGNITUDE.

I AM MINISTRY OF THE TREASURY OF THE REPUBLIC OF AMERICA. MY COUNTRY HAS HAD CRISIS THAT HAS CAUSED THE NEED FOR LARGE TRANSFER OF FUNDS OF 800 BILLION DOLLARS US. IF YOU WOULD ASSIST ME IN THIS TRANSFER, IT WOULD BE MOST PROFITABLE TO YOU.

I AM WORKING WITH MR. PHIL GRAM, LOBBYIST FOR UBS, WHO WILL BE MY REPLACEMENT AS MINISTRY OF THE TREASURY IN JANUARY. AS A SENATOR, YOU MAY KNOW HIM AS THE LEADER OF THE AMERICAN BANKING DEREGULATION MOVEMENT IN THE 1990S. THIS TRANSACTIN IS 100% SAFE.

THIS IS A MATTER OF GREAT URGENCY. WE NEED A BLANK CHECK. WE NEED THE FUNDS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. WE CANNOT DIRECTLY TRANSFER THESE FUNDS IN THE NAMES OF OUR CLOSE FRIENDS BECAUSE WE ARE CONSTANTLY UNDER SURVEILLANCE. MY FAMILY LAWYER ADVISED ME THAT I SHOULD LOOK FOR A RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON WHO WILL ACT AS A NEXT OF KIN SO THE FUNDS CAN BE TRANSFERRED.

PLEASE REPLY WITH ALL OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, IRA AND COLLEGE FUND ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND THOSE OF YOUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN TO WALLSTREETBAILOUT@TREASURY.GOV SO THAT WE MAY TRANSFER YOUR COMMISSION FOR THIS TRANSACTION. AFTER I RECEIVE THAT INFORMATION, I WILL RESPOND WITH DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT SAFEGUARDS THAT WILL BE USED TO PROTECT THE FUNDS.

YOURS FAITHFULLY MINISTER OF TREASURY PAULSON

Comment

LOVE IT!!!!

HILARIOUS!!!

But sad when the laughter dies down........
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

but what happens if they do not bail them out, another 1930's type of depression or worse,

I think It would be much worse to day, as people in the 1930 were willing to work and do with out and try, many were use to not having hardly any luxury, little or no, electricity, refrigeration, transportation, entertainment, government hand outs, they had some DIY skills,

ON one section of the barn wall people would write there names when they worked for my grand father, and my uncle, and his friend who ran this farm in the 1930's,

There were names from all over the eastern US, from, new york, from new jersey, Illinois, Iowa, (those are some I can think of right now), and many, many, other locations, some were shirt tail family and some were not, but they traveled and try-ed to find work any where they could hand picking corn, threshing wheat, shocking feed and hay, many many stories of them traveling by foot and by rail and there were little symbols carved on posts to single others of if a farmer would feed a stranger or let them bed down in the barn, and if they may let one work. or to keep away.
                    Last edited by BHD; 09-24-2008, 03:26 PM.
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I feel like we are delaying the inevitable. What happens if they do the bailout and we are still in bad shape.

It stinks either way.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        I feel like we are delaying the inevitable. What happens if they do the bailout and we are still in bad shape.

It stinks either way.

Josh
                        I'm seeing what they are talking about today for the first time.

My first post...We are beyond that point.
                        I had no idea how deep the parasites dug in to my spine.I have to keep feeding them to survive.
                        That is unless I want to stand on a street corner with my K-60 and "Will Snake For Food" sign.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          I'm seeing what they are talking about today for the first time.

My first post...We are beyond that point.
                          I had no idea how deep the parasites dug in to my spine.I have to keep feeding them to survive.
                          That is unless I want to stand on a street corner with my K-60 and "Will Snake For Food" sign.

LOL!

Do it!

I'll call Jay Leno and have them bring the camera truck
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

The boys in D.C. seem quick to want to do this thing. That scares the shnat out of me. Bypartison scares me just as bad.

Comment

Special address by Bush on now.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X