700 Billion Dollars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 700 Billion Dollars

I invest $100 a week, this shaky economy will not deter me!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      I invest $100 a week, this shaky economy will not deter me!
      WS. Getting his dollar cost averaging on.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        So, you're buying.
        Im looking to unload my 150 shares of Wachovia if you want them

Comment

I learned from family, no one has really been prepared for retirement well, I would like to be, I set up a 401k when I got out of college and I have 100 a week automatically taken out of my paycheck and invested. At 27 I have nearly 50k saved up for retirement/housing. Although I doubt that I can get a mortgage right now!!! I would love to with the prices of houses dropping but I dont know!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Man, I really hope you're kidding.

Comment

Sounds like you're doing all the right things Rich. Might be able to get a mortgage too if that's something you want to do. I think real estate should keep dropping for a while, but I'm no expert. Plus, you never have to pay what they are asking.

J.C.

Comment

Up over 90% today alone!

This ones going through the roof

Better get it now!

http://wachovia.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=Search&ticker=wb

Comment

Up over 90% today alone!

This ones going through the roof

Better get it now!

http://wachovia.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=Search&ticker=wb
                  Ne'er mind...got confused between Wachovia and Wamu.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    I learned from family, no one has really been prepared for retirement well, I would like to be, I set up a 401k when I got out of college and I have 100 a week automatically taken out of my paycheck and invested. At 27 I have nearly 50k saved up for retirement/housing. Although I doubt that I can get a mortgage right now!!! I would love to with the prices of houses dropping but I dont know!
                    If you've got 20% I think you can do it. The rates are still pretty low too (around 6%) from the two banks that I've asked.

I don't have nearly that much for retirement, because I spent it all on a house. I'm doing the same kind of thing though: 6% of my salary from me + 6% from my employer every single paycheck.

Comment

You guys are doing the right thing by planning for retirement now. I was tax shelter poor for many years and some of my pals made fun of me but it paid off. Einstein, when asked what he thought was the greatest invention ever answered, "Compounding interest."

Looking for a good stock to add to your retirement portfolio, investigate Ritchie Brothers. They are a worldwide company that buys, reconditions and sells heavy construction and farm equipment. It has been good and I anticipate will continue to get better within a less than stellar economy.

There is no problem making money in the stock market. All you have to do is define a problem, investigate who is solving it best and invest in those companies. Another way is to buy a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and a six pack of Pepsi, go to an airport and wait and watch what corporate jets come in that don't have an office in the area. They are there for something. Tail the execs, see where they go.

-Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X