Antique Ridgid Pipe Wrench

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Ridgid Pipe Wrench

I need to find out how to tell the age and when the pipe wrench was made. I have a pipe wrench that was used by my grandfather who was a sheet metal worker with the C & O Railroad back in the 40's-60's. I have his pipe wrench that he used. It was from the Russell Kentucky Rail Yard when it was the largest independent Rail Yard in the work during the 40's-60's. It is stamped with the C & O stamp with McD along side of the C & O stamp. I know that it has to be at least 50 years old or older. It was from the Elyria,Ohio forging plant and has some numbers stamped on it. But I am not sure if these mean anything. If anyone knows how to tell the age please send a email to me at jterry@johnsonite.com

Thanks

Re: Antique Ridgid Pipe Wrench

can you post a photo of the wrench for us to see.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yes, I will get a digital photo of the wrench. I will see if I can zoom in on the C & O stamp on the top of the wrench. It has some numbers on the adjustable part of the wrench, not sure it they are a mfgd date or the number of the tool as it was made. I do not have a clue.

It was in my grandmother's house and my dad sister who has lived there since my grandparents passed on resently passed on herself. We were going through my grandfathers old stuff that was still in the house and I came across this wrench in a box with his C & O 40 year service pin. I will try and get this on the forum within the next couple days.

Thanks
      Last edited by John W. Terry; 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM. Reason: Corrected by grammer

Comment

Oh Nice,

I love to see all old tools,.

Post the pic when you can , I will be watching this thread !

Comment

so am i..

Comment

Working...
          X