X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

My basment recently flooded and I borrowed my neighbors Ridgid shop vac, and my wife threw away the black piece that holds the filter on. I have the nut but I am missing that piece between the filter and the nut. I cannot find it anywhere. Please let me know if you have any help. You can email me directly at patricks33@msn.com thanks so much for any help you can give me. By the way it is a 5 hp 12 gallon model.

Re: Please Help

I wonder if a model number would help.These guys are great.Good luck

Comment

Its not likely that someone who can help you will find your post here. RIDGID Customer Service people do not frequent the Forum too much, at least they don;t make their presence know for the most part.

That does not mean they are not interested in helping you, try calling 1-800-4RIDGID and have the model number of the vac handy. You might also try a Sears store as some of the Craftsman vacs are of similar design and the piece you seek may fit from one of their vacs, but you better take a filter with you so you can make sure it fits before you buy.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If you have a Home Depot nearby take the old filter with you to be sure, but at Home Depot look for filters VF4000 and VF5000. They normally come in boxes. Open them up and see if the part you need doesn't come with the replacement filter. The VF4000 is the basic filter and the VF5000 is for fine dust.

Craftsman sold at Sears for the most part are similar and they (Sears) normally has filters in stock.

Be sure to take the old filter so you can be sure of proper fit.

Is the part you need kind of like a small saucer with a center hole in it?
        Last edited by Woussko; 09-30-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

When you get a new filter, it should come with that piece. Last time I bought a filter at HD it came with the little black saucer (washer???) that goes on the bottom, as Woussko said.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

The filter plate is Ridgid catalog number 12303. You can order that at any of our distributors or go to www.ridgidparts.com to order it.

Comment

Working...
            X