X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Profile Question

I see that some members have no profile info at all. I'm forced to have atleast one letter, number or symble for location and occupation. How are some members able to have NO info at all in their profiles? I have seen this for a few old time members. Maybe it has to do with when they joined the forum. My question is how can a member have NO info in his/her profile. If I leave everything blank I receive error messages demanding I put in something for my location and occupation. In addition I had to enter in my D of B but have the option to hide it from being viewed by other members.
    Last edited by Woussko; 10-05-2008, 02:37 AM.

Re: No Profile Question

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    I see that some members have no profile info at all. I'm forced to have atleast one letter, number or symble for location and occupation. How are some members able to have NO info at all in their profiles? I have seen this for a few old time members. Maybe it has to do with when they joined the forum. My question is how can a member have NO info in his/her profile. If I leave everything blank I receive error messages demanding I put in something for my location and occupation. In addition I had to enter in my D of B but have the option to hide it from being viewed by other members.

I second this motion

Tony

Comment

I really don't see where there is an issue with the profiles. I suppose anyone can enter whatever information they want in the fields, truthful, intentionally evasive or outright lies. I doubt anyone will check the accuracy because it is the quality of the information proffered on the forum that is germain to individual topics which is important, not the publically published source, i.e. the profile, from which the information is derived.

-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        In addition I had to enter in my D of B but have the option to hide it from being viewed by other members.
        I suspect there are legal reasons for that. There are laws regarding collecting information from minors/accepting privacy policies over the Internet.

Comment

Josh changed it several month ago. I believe the request came from the plumbing forum, they wanted to have occupations listed

Comment

Working...
          X