X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this bug?

I have a bunch of these around my home and I don't know what they are or how to get rid of them. They do fly and like to get on our clothes.
    Any help appreciated. Sorry for the blurry pic.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: What is this bug?

Around here we call them pine beetles. We just step on them when necessary. They move into the garage when it gets cold, hide between boxes and boards but don't seem to eat anything

Comment

as an exterminator, not an entomologist, i think what you have is called a leaf footed bug. they come off plants or vegetation often as an instinct knowing winter is coming. also if you have crops in your area, harvesting often drives them from their natural habitat.

levon

Comment

Thanks guys. It is harvest time in my area and this was our first week with frost.

Comment

Leaf footed bug it seems to be,

Picture

Guess I can tell the folks around here what the real name is, thanks Levon

Comment

I'm impressed! You guys are awesome.

Comment

wayne, you can tell them youre an expert on bugs ! i think im right on the identifcation. there are so many bugs that feed on plants that are members of what they call "true bugs" the name doesnt make much difference, they all feed on plants. they are a cousin of the the more famous "boxelder bug"

Comment

Since we are sharing bugs. . . look at this huge spider on my porch

Rick and Mark keep telling me stories like it can jump 15' and it has a nest under the house to give me nightmares and it's working
                Attached Files
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

it actually left for the morning and came back tonight to fix it's web.

look at its size, it's bigger than the palm trees

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

This looks bad.

We'll bring the dozer over in the morning. Make sure you take everything off the walls if you don't want to lose'em.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      Since we are sharing bugs. . . look at this huge spider on my porch

Rick and Mark keep telling me stories like it can jump 15' and it has a nest under the house to give me nightmares and it's working
                      Look at the size of that thing. It is as big as those palm trees in the background. It appears to be a California Brown Recluse but it's too hard to tell from your pictures. I suppose it is also possible it could be a Brown Widow. Either way unless you are deathly allergic to their bites you should be okay. I'm sure you remember what happen to Jared from his bite and he wasn't allergic.

Mark

BTW: I believe the palm tree analogy was mine from yesterday wasn't it?
                      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-05-2008, 11:27 PM.
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I'm sure you remember what happen to Jared from his bite and he wasn't allergic.

Mark
                        I also remember hooking him up with my brother to help him and this is the thanks I get?

It is the size of a silver dollar. It is NOT a brown recluse. But it's eyes glow red in the dark
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          I also remember hooking him up with my brother to help him and this is the thanks I get?

It is the size of a silver dollar. It is NOT a brown recluse. But it's eyes glow red in the dark
                          As you recall he was close to losing from his forearm down by the time he called your brother. I will always be grateful to you for giving him a hand. Without a real good picture it is too hard to identify your spider. Is it possible it could be a red-eyed hyena spider?

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i think it might be the bug that escaped from the mexican jumping bean

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              As you recall he was close to losing from his forearm down by the time he called your brother. I will always be grateful to you for giving him a hand. Without a real good picture it is too hard to identify your spider. Is it possible it could be a red-eyed hyena spider?

Mark
                              Whatever! That is not the point. I am gonna call you when I wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares. I hope my screaming in my sleep because of all the taunting keeps Rick up

I personally like Brenda's idea-she is the only one nice to me! But I won't get close enough to it.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Working...
                              X