X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Year ago today

1 year ago today a 1000 dollar investment in Lehman would get you 37.00 dollars today. 1000 dollars worth of beer will get you 240 dollars in scrap metal today .

Re: 1 Year ago today

So, you're saying that buying beer is an investment....yeah, thats the ticket. I have to go to the store and make an investment...bye
    The Other Rick

Comment

Not to nitpick, but that is 100% false. I ran the numbers after seeing this fake email floating around the net a couple weeks ago and the $1000 of beer will net you less than $20 in recycling.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by piette View Post
        Not to nitpick, but that is 100% false. I ran the numbers after seeing this fake email floating around the net a couple weeks ago and the $1000 of beer will net you less than $20 in recycling.

Jeff
        Yeah, but you got to enjoy more than 17 bucks worth of beer as well. Still a better investment than the Lehman stock.

Of course, no tax loss write-off with the beer......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

One year ago today, the DOW was 40% higher in value than it is now.

In 1974 the value of the DOW was down 50%...thats half what it was in 1973.

One year ago, the market was at the highest it had ever been in the history of the market at 14000 points.

In 1973, the market was at 1050 points.

Because the value of a percentage drop is so much higher now than it was in '74, people are dwelling on that, and almost completely ignoring the ACTUAL percentage of drop.

While some people run around panicking, others have always historically used rational logistics and invested while the market is slow...I betcha thats how Warren Buffet got his start.

Monday, I'm investing, the tech market and NASDAQ alone have already started to show substantial signs of upward movement on numerous stocks.

So, go ahead, spread the word, the market is gonna keep crashing...I'm just sitting here looking for the best deals.

Comment

Working...
          X