Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Why-Obama Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Why-Obama

    Vince,

    We are one people and the sooner everyone realizes it the better the World will be. I believe the Internet is helping to bring people together which would normally never associate with in person.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Why-Obama

      i just had a pm from a concerned brother.

      he noticed that i put my last name on my poem and warned me that there might be people out there that read this forum and they might not take too kindly to my point of view.

      i am working on a collection of poems and short stories that i will eventually get published in the form of a small booklet. i'm hoping the booklet will give one of the many people up here the courage to step forward and ask for help. if the booklet only helps one person, then it's done it's intended job.

      i was taught to read and write and the good lord gave me the gift of expression through writing.

      i've been a local up here for a long time. i've been near the top money wise but because of the issues i was caring with me and not knowing how to deal with them caused me to fall into a pit of dispair for about 7 years.

      i hit rock bottom. literally homeless. trying to drink myself to death homeless.

      i have become very aware of my surroundings. no more tunnel vision.

      2 1/2 years of counselling, some happy pills, good to go.

      my life it a open book around these parts. my people know me inside out so much i think some know when i fart.

      it is not my intention to offend anybody in anyway. i poke fun at me and my people because that's the way we are. you have to be able to laugh at yourself.

      canadian band trooper; we're here for a good time, not a long time.

      as for the black boots and red shoe laces, i'm not talking about our RCMP. wouldn't want to even imagine what it would be like around here without them on a friday the 13th, full moon, 24 hour sunlight during the spring, and the crazy water flies into town. then the huskies would really be nervous!!






      as for people possibly doing something bad to me, i don't temp destiny, but i'll not cower either.

      when all else fails, lie down and act like a snow bank.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Why-Obama

        I believe our circumstances shape us. So then, you must be in pretty good shape .
        Keep 'em comin' brother.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Why-Obama

          Ok. I must add that technically Obama is not white, nor is he black, he is brown.

          Without prejudice, and in complete innocence my children would like the brown guy to win.

          That is just in case you want to get technical.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Why-Obama

            Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
            Ok. I must add that technically Obama is not white, nor is he black, he is brown.

            Without prejudice, and in complete innocence my children would like the brown guy to win.

            That is just in case you want to get technical.

            Just in case you want to get technical, I would have to say your children were prejudiced by either you or some other adult model in their desire.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Why-Obama

              Technically none of us are Black or White we are all shades somewhere in between the two.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Why-Obama

                Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                Just in case you want to get technical, I would have to say your children were prejudiced by either you or some other adult model in their desire.
                My children who said this are 6 years old and younger, they have no idea what prejudice is. They just physically see that the man is brown because he literally is brown, and they think he is nice because of the way he speaks. There is a brown guy and a white guy. They were not clear on their names, they are now, but the term was used to decribe which one they liked. It has nothing to do with prejudice. We haven't taught our children about different races. They will learn that through history, and geography, unless they ask us first. To them, friends have different color skin, freckles, different color hair, and different color eyes because being different makes us individual, and beautiful in our own way.

                No prejudice intended.

                Furthermore, why would my young children be prejudiced just because they liked the brown guy? They were innocently describing the one they liked. Why must everything be prejudice?
                Last edited by fixitmom5x; 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Why-Obama

                  Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Technically none of us are Black or White we are all shades somewhere in between the two.

                  Mark

                  you hit the nail right on the head.

                  we are all shades of brown.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Why-Obama

                    Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
                    My children who said this are 6 years old and younger, they have no idea what prejudice is. They just physically see that the man is brown because he literally is brown, and they think he is nice because of the way he speaks. There is a brown guy and a white guy. They were not clear on their names, they are now, but the term was used to decribe which one they liked. It has nothing to do with prejudice. We haven't taught our children about different races. They will learn that through history, and geography, unless they ask us first. To them, friends have different color skin, freckles, different color hair, and different color eyes because being different makes us individual, and beautiful in our own way.

                    No prejudice intended.

                    Furthermore, why would my young children be prejudiced just because they liked the brown guy? They were innocently describing the one they liked. Why must everything be prejudice?

                    "Prejudiced" refers to an existing bias. I was only referring to the possibility and probability that your children have most likely heard you or a close family member or an authority figure say something positive about one of the candidates and/or something negative about the other. It may even have been on t.v. I was not referring to race or color in any way.

                    For instance, if they saw, in a fleeting moment, the unflattering and evil looking, touched up photo that a major magazine ran of one of the candidates (which was discussed and shown on t.v.), then that could easily prejudice a young person (heck, even and old person) against that candidate.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Why-Obama

                      This is just silly, really.

                      I understand now what you were saying, but why my children like the brown guy better has nothing to do with this thread.

                      I was simply stating in more words than I should have; that Barack Obama's color is brown which doesn't matter anyway.

                      Color has no bearing on the choices any of us make, it is just part of our outer appearance, and our heritage.

                      Caryn

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Why-Obama

                        Parts of my body are pastey white

                        some a weird shade of dark yellow

                        couple undisclosed areas dark brown

                        some patchy black spots from my past

                        but that one dark purple one is

                        the one I like best!
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Why-Obama

                          I'm at my happiest when I am the color of neopolitan ice cream. Brown on my forearms from my farmer tan working out doors, red on my shoulders from wearing a tank top while driving to the lake where I peel off the tank top to reveal the white belly. Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla.




                          Eli
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X