Why-Obama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why-Obama

Why do people insist on calling Obama black. Think about it.

J.C.

Re: Why-Obama

We still hve the moratorium on political threads.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack
      Too bad there wasn't a moratorium on offensive and stupid threads as well.
      good morning Tinmack

Comment

Comment

It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone. It just shows peoples bent opinion on race. Why would the question be offensive? As I understand it, Mr. Obama has a white parent & black parent. Perfectly fine. But I just find it odd that people insist on referring to him as a black person & not a white person. He could just as easily be referred to as a white man based on the justification to call him black. And whether you like it or not, they will use whichever label to get the most votes.

They really should not refer to either color. He's just a person.

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-11-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I agree, I don't care if he's yellow, purple or aquamarine. He's an extremely smart man and thats what matters.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

A friend of mine's parents live in Louisiana.He tells me his father appologizes for speaking the way he does in front of his 5 year old grandaughter who lives out here.He says "It's just the way I'm used to calling em"

Comment

Indeed, race should not be an issue, but if we eliminate race then we have to talk about his politics and if we talk about his politics someone's gonna get the boot
                sigpic

Comment

What a strange forum this is where freedom of speech is frowned upon and where one cannot voice his or her opinion on politics and politics is banned as it might offend in what is called the land of the free what a joke why don`t you practice what you preach and if not not don`t preach to others.

Tony

Comment

i thought Obama was a north american native.

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack
                      too bad there wasn't a moratorium on offensive and stupid threads as well.
                      : )

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                        What a strange forum this is where freedom of speech is frowned upon and where one cannot voice his or her opinion on politics and politics is banned as it might offend in what is called the land of the free what a joke why don`t you practice what you preach and if not not don`t preach to others.

Tony
                        Unfortunatly some of us were unable to keep our emotions out of the debate and the conversations got way too personal.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          Unfortunatly some of us were unable to keep our emotions out of the debate and the conversations got way too personal.
                          I suppose your right but I like a good argument and race, religion, politics money, sex, work, living, the wife, children, the in and out laws, friends, etc, etc, etc, helps to bring it on.

Tony

Comment

Tony,
                            Our country has become a group of namby pamby woossies who cannot think for themselves or even begin to take care of themselves. The powers that be in Washington have shredded our constitution, yet if someone says one thing against our government, they are labeled as "unpatriotic" and no one in the crowd of sheepizens that supposedly can think, act, react or vote, will raise a finger to defend them or the Constitution that protects their freedom of speech. We've become a classless group of "politically correct" sycophants looking for the easy way out. I pray to God we never get into a real shooting war again like what happened in 1941 because we will not have the wherewithal to take up the charge and defend ourselves as our fathers did. Unfortunately, the ban on any political discussion in this forum is a mirror image of that universal paradigm. The real patriots who were at the Boston Tea Party and the grassy knoll at Concord would roll in their graves if they even imagined a ban on speech in something as innocuous as this forum. But then again, consider the source, no?
                            Jim Don
                            PS -- That's why we're considering a move to Australia -- still got room?? I'll even room with the Roos. Probably brighter than a lot of what we've got here.

Comment

Call him black, I dont care. He looks more black than he does white. Just dont call him african-american. That term is reserved for most of the black people we meet on a daily basis. People who were born and raised here and whos ancestors were brought to this country as slaves. Obamas mom is white, and his dad was born in Kenya. Hes not african-american, as the term is usually applied.

This line of thinking is not mine originally. Alan Keyes made these statements when he was running against Obama in the Illinois state Senate. I voted for Keyes.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X